My next Surefire?

battman

Newly Enlightened
I've got my EDC...E2e (& KL1). I've got my duty light...Ultrastinger. I've got my secondary work light...opalec newbeam. So what would you guys recommend for my next surefire? I'm looking for just a little more "WOW factor". And don't say the M6...my wallet isn't ready yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
My suggestion is the A2, Tactical Warehouse is selling them, I do not have the proper link but look around its here at CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FNG

Enlightened
Step up to a 9V. C3, Z3, D3, M3, anymore? They say the Defender series is discontinued but I think I saw LPS have it on their website.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I also use the Streamlight UltraStinger for duty use, and a SF G2Z as a backup. I believe FNG & Onyx are right and go with a 3 cell (9v).

As a backup to my backup, I carry a SF Z3 Combatlight with a GG&G Tactical Impact Device attached. It'll produce 105 Lu for close to an hour with the P90 LA, but I prefer the P91 LA for that extra "punch." It's holstered on my war-bag along with a box of SF 123's. Sometimes, a DC charger just isn't practical out in the field and replacing the batteries is just a much better option.

The Z3 is available for about $83.00 (or you can still get the diminishing stock of D3 Defenders for about $93.00) at productwizard.com -

I'm thinking about upgrading to the M3, but I'm a fairly cheap *******, so if anyone has any suggestions that'll beat the $190 price tag, please please let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If you don't need shock isolation, get a 3 cell and a KT. Good wow and then you'll have a good host for a KL5 as an option down the road.........

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could also buy a black M2 bezel for your Z3, giving you a M2.5 or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
"M2.5" LOL - I like the sound of that...

McGizmo brought up an excellent option. Although I like the shock isolation properties of the M series only because I have a 4513TSW (.45 cal) that I use with the Harries technique. But quite honestly, I've never experienced a broken LA when using other non-shock isolated LA's (other than from dropping them on the ground). The KL5 option is definitely a good idea... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

battman

Newly Enlightened
I like the Z3, but have my heart set on the M3. Anyone know where i can find it for under $180?

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
battman... I found a place where you can get the M3 for $179.95 - I just ordered it from outdoor-warehouse.com. I know it's only five cents under the target price, but it's one of the better prices around in my opinion.

Good luck -

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I also forgot to mention Island Security which has the M3 Millennium backordered, but priced at $176.40.

I think my recent purchase was somewhat impulsive, but I figured heck, if I want it, then I want it... buyer's remorse should be considered a luxury. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif