Belt holster for SureFire E1L (mini 1-cell light)?

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up one of these, and I like it a LOT.

Currently, I have not been able to find a dedicated belt holster for it. Even SureFire's website doesn't list one. (Is the model too new?)

I have mine riding in the nylon holster that fits my Inova T2, but that holster is really not appropriate, because the light falls down to where I have to squeeze the bottom of the holster like one of those tube-type ice pops I ate when I was a kid, to get the light to pop back out.

A steer toward a source for a compatible holster (kydex, nylon, I don't care) would be appreciated.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I made a user-fix:

I took the nylon sheath from my Inova T1 and stuck the white plastic cap from a 1 pt. bottle of Zephyhills Spring Water down to the bottom of the sheath. The threaded side is down, so the top of the cap is up. The SureFire E1L sits on top of that cap, emitter-side-down, and there is about a half inch of grabbable length of the tailcap sticking up out of the top of the sheath. Works just fine for me. :twothumbs

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

I must be blind. I've edited this post twice now because I didn't look far enough into what you had linked to.

I guess the V82 it is!

Last edited:

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
I have a V82, which is the listed compatible holster for the E1L, its just fine and works a treat. Surefire genuine products are some times a little "over" manufactured as the V82 is but you can be sure the quality will make it last 100yrs or more (erk !) They take a while to soften up a bit but the V82 is spot on for my E1L.

Regards
Lee

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again. I was looking at that chart, and I'll probably be ordering myself a blue filter, a red filter, a V82, a spares carrier and a lanyard not long from now. :twothumbs