Will a normal Nimh charger charge the CBP 1650s?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
If you are talking about the CBP high current 1650mAh AA cells that they no longer carry, then yeah those NiMH chargers you asked about will do the job.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
If you are talking about the CBP high current 1650mAh AA cells that they no longer carry, then yeah those NiMH chargers you asked about will do the job.

Yeah, those out of production ones are the ones I'm talking about.. so.. any generic AA Nimh charger will do regardless of the brand right?

For that matter, I can charge any other AA Nimh batteries on any brand of AA Nimh charger right? It does not ahve to be brand specific?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
All chargers have different mA charge rates, fast and/or slow charge, and/or discharge/cycle modes, various termination settings, trickle modes, and other features of their algorhythm & design.

But to answer your question, of the 10-15 various NiMH AA chargers I have owned, they will all charge any NiMH AA cell I have put in it. Now having said that, undoubtedly someone will come up with exception(s), but I have not found one or heard of one that only charges certain types of NiMH AA cells.

There is nothing unique about those CBP cells, except they allow higher current discharge uses for our hotwire flashlights. :p

barkingmad

Enlightened
Anyone know a source of CBP1650 cells or other high-drain AA's (except Amondotech) that will ship Internationally?

barkingmad

Enlightened
U mean Amondotech is still selling them?????

No - but they sell something similar (i.e. high drain AA) - but unless things have changed recently their International shipping is a bit of a nightmare (have to get a 'quote' which takes days and it's very expensive)!! :thumbsdow

Norm

Retired Administrator
Wrong Answer :oops: what was I thinking.
Norm

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Anyone know a source of CBP1650 cells or other high-drain AA's (except Amondotech) that will ship Internationally?

CBP is coming out in mid August with a replacement of their CBP high current output 1650, which will be an Elite brand cell. Worth waiting for.