Surefire X200L?

Gordov2

Enlightened
Apologies up front if this is already posted, but I could not find anything on it at all:

I've heard the Surefire X300 is now being called the X200L instead. Anyone know anydetails like when it will be out, price and size?

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
I found this image in a thread

x200l.jpg

It was posted by Brock originally. And was here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1270001&postcount=51

It looks to be the same size as the X200A/B

Size15's

Flashaholic
That photo of the "MiniBeast" also has in it a SureFire X200B

The X300 (which is still it's current model AFAIK) does share the body of the X200 Series but has a new bezel and can be seen in this photo:
_Q8P5617s.jpg

And up close here and here
At SS2007 SureFire also showed a laser/light combination - back then it was being called the X300L. I heard a rumour it could be being called the X400 now though. It will have a completely new rail-mounting system.

As for when and how much - I've no idea.

Al

Gordov2

Enlightened
Thanks AL. As always, you have the most up-to-date info on Surefire. Any update on the new L5? Is it still not happening?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Last I heard on the new L5 was that it was still on hold. As you can see with the 6PL & G2L SureFire haven't been scratching around for things to do. I assume that they will revisit the L5 when time & priorities allow.

Al

P.S.
My information may not always be the most up-to-date but I do try to make sure it is reliable, and where I am uncertain, I do try not misrepresent rumour as fact.

Gordov2

Enlightened
[/quote]P.S.
My information may not always be the most up-to-date but I do try to make sure it is reliable, and where I am uncertain, I do try not misrepresent rumour as fact.[/quote]

I know, that's why I always appreciate your opinion, as your always on point.

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Wooops. I do apologize if i caused any confusion with the photo. I'll leave unreleased products to Size15, He's been at Shot Show most of the time and i haven't. Do we have any idea on how the laser would be mounted? I would guess in the interior of the bezel, But wouldn't that cause a "distorted" beam?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Initial designs had the Laser(s) mounted above the light but this has since changed to having the Laser mounted underneath the light. SureFire's research found that the Laser 'pod' needed to be quite beefy so as to not suffer from shift in the beam in use like existing brands do. SureFire also determined that forming the pod's housing from the same piece of metal as a the rest of the light also helped compared to existing brands that stick on the module like an after-thought.
SureFire's reputation for the finest laser aiming devices is something they want to continue so this light/laser combination is not something they are rushing.

Al

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Initial designs had the Laser(s) mounted above the light but this has since changed to having the Laser mounted underneath the light.

OH NO!

That was an excellent design feature. Tucking the laser as CLOSE to the bore line as possible minimizes point-of-aim vs point-of-impact shift.

That, for me, was going to be one of the BEST selling points.

I am seriously ticked off.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire must have a good reason to have changed it. Perhaps the difference does not make that much of a difference in reality for the users and their applications that SureFire considered during R&D?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Stainless, I'm standing right next to you there with my initial reaction as well. This would have been an excellent upgrade indeed.

I still have faith though in Surefire's ability to innovate and supply a quality product. I guess we will have to just wait and see...