ASP Taclite

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The tailcap just refuses to function now.

I can hear it clicking on and off, but it does not make the bulb come on.

Please can anyone give any help, etc.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, batteries are new.

I have checked the switch as you suggested and it looks to be in good working order.

How do I check that the spring is properly/correctly aligned ? The spring looks to be fine; not bent, twisted or anything like that.

moraino

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jinng:
Yes, batteries are new.

I have checked the switch as you suggested and it looks to be in good working order.

How do I check that the spring is properly/correctly aligned ? The spring looks to be fine; not bent, twisted or anything like that.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jinng,
I don't know if this help, give it a try.
If you have a meter, switch to continuity mode. With one probe touching the spring and the other to the edge where touches the body when screwed in.

If no beep sound in the digital meter or showing o ohm in analog meter, push the switch button and try again. If shows no continuity then something wrong with the switch I would guess.Good luck.

Henry

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Kogatana and Henry

Thank you so much for your help.

Without any disrespect, I don't know what meter you are referring to, let alone owing one !!

Maybe I'll just buy myself another Triad.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just played with the Taclite again.

When putting the tailcap back on, if I slightly twist it (tailcap) sideways, the bulb lights up momentarily. Then it goes off.

Nothing happens when the tailcap is screwed all the way back in.

Thanks guys for your help anyway.

gb6491

Newly Enlightened
jinng,
I had problems with a ASP light not lighting. It wasn't the switch but the bezel that caused the problem. Here is a quote from Brightnorm on this:
"I had this same problem until I realized that proper bezel tightening was critical.
One of my ASPs has a false "stop": you are convinced that you've fully tightened it because you have come up against what feels like the final thread end, but it is really not. You must either apply more pressure and finish tightening the bezel, or slightly loosen it and then retighten it all the way."

I had to really tighten the bezel on mine for it to work at all.

Hope this helps,
Greg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dr Greg

Nice work !!

Sickness has been cured and Taclite now is back to normal.

I would again like to thank all three gentlemen (Kogatana, Henry and Greg) for solving this problem.

moraino

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jinng:
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dr Greg

Nice work !!

Sickness has been cured and Taclite now is back to normal.

I would again like to thank all three gentlemen (Kogatana, Henry and Greg) for solving this problem.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now is it for sale? How much? How long has it not been used....?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Now is it for sale? How much? How long has it not been used....? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid it is not for sale. I bought it from a fellow CPF'er some months ago and the Taclite has had very little useage since.

I am in fact looking to purchase another one, but it is not available in the UK.

If anyone can help me buy one, I will really appreciate it.

rolleyes.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
jingg. Aspen International. Telephone 011 44 1489 573 8888. Located in Hampshire, UK.
Luck to you.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you, one and all
grin.gif

I have contacted both Aspen and Sherwoods and am waiting for some brochures to be sent.

Also waiting to hear from Jahn Projects.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
You could ask Jahn Projects

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Al, I don't want to sell mine !!

Jinng has got the tel number for the UK supplier from phred.
Sorry jinng, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

Jahn,
(lightlover)