What kind of light is this????

sattie

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm sattie and was trying to figure out what type of light this is, if it is even a light (flashlight) at all.... thanks in advance for your help!

NoCheatingLOL.jpg

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a 100+ 5mm LED showerhead.

The interesting thing about this one is that it seems to have some sort of (fresnel?) lens instead of plain glass over the emitters.

A showerhead for those who DON'T want a flood.

Erm, not sure who the target market is at that rate...

Noxonomus

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

sattie

Newly Enlightened
Noxonomus... awesome!!! That has been driving me nuts! Don't ask as to why I need to know, it's a long story. But it looks like your link is spot on. Thanks so much, I can finally lay this to rest. I also want to thank the rest of you for your replies.

One last question, what would a LEDI be use for?

Noxonomus

Newly Enlightened
Fulfilling government contracts I suppose ;) Really though its just the latest in a long line of devices meant to disable someone while harming them as little as possible, and with minimal risk to others in the area. Like mace, tasers rubber bullets, and beanbags, its just another approach which may or may not have advantages or disadvantages in various situations.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's one wavelength that gets everybody," chortled Lieberman, worryingly. "Vlad calls it the evil color."
Good old Vlad. What a card.
S&T Snapshots fed-scribes write that: "The light could be used to make a bad guy turn away or shut his eyes, giving authorities enough time to tackle the suspect and apply the cuffs... "
Provided the lawmen didn't slip in the pools of vomit, anyway - or wander into any, erm, projectiles. It's no picnic in the DHS, clearly.
At the moment the sick-sabre module is a bit on the tubby side, at four inches thick and over a foot long. Lieberman and Rubtsov hope to get it down to Mag-lite torch/truncheon* dimensions soon - though there is also talk of a "wide-angle" bazooka-sized device, capable of "immobilising a mob".
-----------------------------------

typical press releace, thing is if you hit people wearing rose colored glasses , i doubt the puke green color will effect anybody :)
i just wonder what special spectrum they drum up that can do that, or that people will look INTO it when it starts doing that? or if it only works on drunken scientists that have been up for 36 hours, dreaming up thier next homeland security corporation.

Last edited: