OT: PLEASE - NO War.......

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please join NOW in registering for a Virtual March on Washington for February 26th. We are asking Congress to stop the Bush administration's rush to war, and to Let the Inspections Work.
Time is running out.

With your help, on February 26th, every Senate office will receive a call EVERY MINUTE from a constituent, as they receive a simultaneous crush of faxes and email. In New York and Washington D.C., "antiwar rooms" will highlight the progress of the day for national media. Local media will visit the "antiwar room" online, to monitor this constituent march throughout the day.

With your help, every Senate office switchboard will be lit up all day with our antiwar messages. This will be a powerful reminder of the breadth and depth of opposition to a war in Iraq.

Just go to:

http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

Please join and sign up today. This has never been done before. Let's be part of it.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have a different idea of how to show support and it saves trees and power, not waste them. I will not watch TV, theater, a concert or any other medium that features the following people ever again.

(partial list)
Susan Saranden
Danny Glover
Kim Basinger
Martin Sheen
Any Baldwin
George Cloony
Richard Gere
Barbara Streisand
Sharon Stone
Jane Fonda
Janeane Garofalo (Exception, when she is on Fox News. Did you see her on Fox and Friends Tuesday? Awesome)

I will also buy Ted Nugent's cookbook, "Kill It and Grill It", it's the least I can do.

Please join and sign up today. This has never been done before. Let's be part of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dog

Newly Enlightened
gee, i guess with the previous outcome and results of efforts like the million man march and the million moms march they figure if they do it online maybe they'll get a better turn out?

hmmmm, baldwin..baldwin...hey wasn't he the guy that said he was leaving the country if bush won the election? gee, why didn't he move to france like he..."threatened" to do? you know, i was so scared that he actually would leave the U.S.,
i mean how was i supposed to live without him? he would at least had a lot in common with the french, not wanting war and all. or maybe he didn't feel like giving up how good he had it here.

funny how people seem to forget they live in a country where we are all "allowed" to speak our minds and others have died keeping it that way.

constant crush of email, call and fax, gee reminds me of telemarketers, maybe washington will just tell you that they are eating dinner and they are not interested in what your selling then hang up, i would.

notos&w

Enlightened
yeah, we gotta stop this war stuff. if we're not careful, the US will end up preventing another 9/11 in spite of france, germany, belguim, etc. and we all know that would suck.

hope all these anti's love their fantasy world where nothing bad ever happens. and oh yeah, saddam is really cooperating now. he has talked about giving up one of the warheads he said he never had. that sounds like real cooperation to me. and what's with Blix? has he forgotten that we already know they have WMD and that it isnt the UN's job to find them? im pretty sure that resolution called for saddam to disarm, not for us to find the weapons and destroy them.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEAH! I hate this 10 year long "rush to war".

Should have done the job right the first time.

I'm not a big fan of war in general, although my wars were a little nastier than any of the ones we have participated in in the last fifteen years or so.

But there are none so blind as they who will not see....

You know one weird thing about Danny Glover; I have despised the man himself for years, but he must be a great actor, because I have really liked the characters he has played in all the movies of his I have seen. (Not that I would pay to watch anything he was in again). Boycott MCI as long as he does their commercials too.

Tom Selleck, James Woods are sensible, patriotic Americans- In addition to Ted Nugent, believe it or not, Kid Rock (who I always disliked) has rather vocally agreed that Saddam is a threat to the world and needs to be removed.

Dennis Miller (who I never liked either, even back in his SNL days) is thinking logically about this situation and seems to be pretty pro-America right now, even though he is at heart fairly liberal.... He does have a quick wit too.

Not that ANY of these entertainers are people that I would consider as qualified to analyze the geopolitical realities of today's world. But I like to support those that think as I do.

Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

They just announced that President Bush is about to make a major announcement about Iraq. Watching Fox News....

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.giftalk about walking into it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

unknown, you won't get any help here, we're free thinkers. we realize you don't ignore your enemy when he is tryining to kill you, you kill him first.

your silly campaign will do nothing to sway the bush administration from doing what is right to protect this great nation. ironic it includes you.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm no huge fan of Brad Pitt but when asked what his opinion was he said something along the lines of, "What does it matter? I'm just an actor."

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH, Just so you know-

MoveOn.org came into being as an effort to prevent the impeachment of BJ Clinton for his admitted perjury. (Which was the least of his sins and felonies while in office.)

After that, they changed to being an anti-gun PAC trying to take firearms out of the hands and homes of honest and honorable Aamericans.

Empath

Flashaholic
[quote....will do nothing to sway the bush administration from doing what is right to protect this great nation. ironic it includes you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony: a combination of circumstances or a result that is the opposite of what is or might be expected or considered appropriate.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've always liked danny glover...did a great job in lethal weapon... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (man, were those <font color="red">great</font> movies or what!?!)

this petition (or any other) won't affect anything, america is going to war because saddamn is a thread that must be annihilated.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth- I liked Danny G. up until I saw him at "the million man march" walking around in his daishiki waving a lion's tail around and acting like he was some kind of Zulu tribal prince, and condemning the American CIA plot of spreading aids and starvation through Africa in an attempt to kill off all the black people in the world.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a collection of countries with far larger, deadlier and proven arsenals. Central control of their arsenals is definitely lacking and they show a willingness for any help we can extend to them. You can read about them here and here. Seems to me, its a question of priorities. Some of this stuff is so virulent, it scares the @#$% out of the people that created them.

Dan

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
UnknownVT ...

You misunderstand.

War is not about who is right.

War is about who is left.

I'm hoping America ... and our family's freedom ... is left after we rid the world of terrorists.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow silviron, that is bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

you do make it sound almost comical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
....you do make it sound almost comical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been comical if my image of an actor who played some of my favorite, much admired, characters hadn't been totally destroyed.

Skyline

Enlightened
LOL! When I first saw the thread title, I had to suppress the groan. Then I saw all the replies.. LOL!

I knew I loved CPF for a reason! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Btw, haven't people learned from WWI? WWII? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering why VT didn't cross post this drivel to Rec:knives where I also see his posts. Guess he tought CPF would be more receptive. Which is suprising considering how many TACTICAL flashlight owners hang out here.
Patrick