Surefire 12ZM

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
Howdy.

I got boxes of lights that I'm finally getting around to sorting and figuring out which ones I need, (OK, want...), and which ones to sell, trade, give away at Christmas etc. Most of them are fairly straightforward, except the 12ZM. I have a couple of them new in the box, still sealed in plastic, besides the one I use for "bump in the night".

In looking on Ebay and here, I can't find any for sale, or any that have been sold!

How many of them did they make?

And what's a ballpark value of them today?

Thanks....

rdh226

Enlightened

And what's a ballpark value of them today?
I'd guess $150 (lowball -- quite a bargain) to $200ish.

I'd certainly buy one (or two!) at $150!

-RDH

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: "Helvetica [Adobe]", "Lucida [B&H]", "Arial [monotype]", "Helvetica [Adobe]", "Helvetica [Adobe]"; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
I'd guess $150 (lowball -- quite a bargain) to $200ish.

I'd certainly buy one (or two!) at $150!

-RDH

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: "Helvetica [Adobe]", "Lucida [B&H]", "Arial [monotype]", "Helvetica [Adobe]", "Helvetica [Adobe]"; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Thanks, maybe I'll throw one on ebay and see what it does.

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
I agree. It's always hard to believe how bright it is across a yard, considering it's size.

Sure doesn't seem to be many people parting with theirs.

My only question is whether to keep one or two for me.....

;)

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
http://www.ge-ha-tec.com/neu/surefire/images/12zm01.gif

Here's a pic I found on a German collectors site.

You're right, I looked expecting to find pics everywhere, but only found one. Very strange, I remember people really liking the light. But it was over $200 MSRP even back in those days, so maybe the market wasn't ready for that yet. I was lighting up my backyard with it last night, and my backyard is about 3 acres.

Of all the lights I own, it's still the coolest. It's sad they discontinued it.:mad:

Side benefit, you can warm your hands with it from about a foot away....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rzr800

Enlightened
http://www.ge-ha-tec.com/neu/surefire/images/12zm01.gif
Here's a pic I found on a German collectors site.
You're right, I looked expecting to find pics everywhere, but only found one. Very strange, I remember people really liking the light. But it was over $200 MSRP even back in those days, so maybe the market wasn't ready for that yet. I was lighting up my backyard with it last night, and my backyard is about 3 acres.
Of all the lights I own, it's still the coolest. It's sad they discontinued it.:mad:
Side benefit, you can warm your hands with it from about a foot away....;)

Thanks for posting the above; as this light has no markings on it whatsoever and I could never remember what model it was (my favorite also).
What did you end up getting for it?

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
I've been too lazy/busy to do anything with them. I think I ended up having 4 or 5 of them!

Oh well, one of these days....