Severe Storms, no power outage

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
Here in West Central Wisconsin, we just had some severe storms come through. I saw 'em coming and was looking forward to justifying my collection of lights in the event the power goes out. Well, west of where I live, there was quite a bit of destruction and thousands of people are still without power 2 days later. But here??? Noooooo!!!! The power stayed on the entire time.

I need a shoulder to lay my head on. Poor, poor, pitifully poor me! :mad:

Ugh! Why can't the stupid power go out just once???

I'm looking forward to seeing again what happened in our area 27 years ago when our power was out for 2 weeks after 110 mph winds hit us! :)

GreySave

Enlightened
Don't feel bad. I purchased a generator after a rash of power failures in our area. Care to guess how many times I've used it since then? Have only had one power failure since and that was on a mild winter night. After a few hours of no power the temperature finally dropped enough to justify using the genny, so......I broke out the heavy duty supply cord, hooked up to the transfer switch for the furnace and critical items and, you guessed it......Before I could hit the starter switch the lights came back on. Spent another 15 minutes disconnecting and storing everything again. At least I did get to use my flashlights though......

Spin

Enlightened
It's a shame to wish for a power outage to justify your flashlight interest. I enjoy my lights like everybody else but i never hope or look forward to an outage! It's like playing soldier with paintball guns.

Last edited:

leprechaun414

Enlightened
Here in Connecticut we get big storms and the power stays on without a problem. Then it gets a little windy or it rains and the power goes out. Sometimes you can't win.:thinking:

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I hear you about that. It would be nice when a thunderstorm rolls through and causes no injury and only takes out a transformer or two could put the lights out for a short bit:grin2:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
One way I see is just stop paying your electricity bills...he he....or simpler still swith off or trip the mains at your electrical panel...he..he...

Seriously, we should not wish to have storms etc as most of the time when a natural disaster hits you, you are never prepared....

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh! Why can't the stupid power go out just once???

I'm looking forward to seeing again what happened in our area 27 years ago when our power was out for 2 weeks after 110 mph winds hit us! :)

Here is Ca, they sued the shirt off of the power company when the power went out. people can "get thier losses back" from the power company.
some of it is because of the power scandal, where they knocked people out to make themselves more important and ritch.

Dang people messed up everything. What did a 14hour outage ever do to hurt anybody :-(.

when the cableTV/internet goes off, people go wandering out of thier houses, like they dont know what to do anymore :shakehead
Night of the living humans.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
It hit really hard where I'm at, lightning hit not even a block from where I was at, but no power outage for me:mecry:

leprechaun414

Enlightened
when the cableTV/internet goes off, people go wandering out of thier houses, like they dont know what to do anymore :shakehead

I'm still cracking up about that one :crackup: :laughing: :hahaha:

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
I live in McAllen, Texas, 78504. Google that on a map of Texas. Then see where hurricane Dean is going to hit. Enough Said.

If your lazy go turn on the TV and just wait until you see Brownsville on the Texas Map.<--- When they're reporting Dean's projected path.

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Maybe your wife's wishing the power stays on so her the stuff in her freezer wont melt. Which one of you has the final word in your family? :) :)

KingGlamis

Banned

:lol: Soooo true. When we had a recent outtage the whole block was full of people standing on the sidewalk. Maybe one person in every 20 had a flashlight.

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
DDgarcia05, Pharr, TX here work for Sheriff's I'll be using my flashlight for directing traffic probably for emergency routing. Hopefully it doesnt come to that. Lots of people here live in low lying areas and if Dams break. God help us. Going to need a waterproof flashlight j/k.

:aaa:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
...when the cableTV/internet goes off, people go wandering out of thier houses, like they dont know what to do anymore :shakehead

Oh, that's TOO funny! :laughing: OMG, we have.... NEIGHBORS! Why didn't anybody tell me about this!!