Need HID parts source

goodluck

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

First of all let me say, I was interested in building a light, so I thought I'd do a little research and find the necessary parts and materials and build a light. Now let me say WOW!, I never new so many people were so interested in lighting. This is a great forum, there is so much information I can hardley contain myself...Now, on to my point.

Originally I was going to build an LED canister dive light, then I ran into a guy bragging about his HID. I did some research, the price of an over the counter HID is not going to fly with me. When I see prices like that I immediately think, "I can do that myself for half the price and twice the fun". So I have begun to plan what and how my light will work and what will power it.

Automotive lighting with the HID low and the Halogen high seem to be a good choice. Plenty of light, some redundancy, and you can default it to the halogen (high beam) and (on/off/on/off) without any wear and tear on the the HID, then, switch to the HID when you need/want/have to.

I'm sure that somewhere on this site is a listing for places to procure a bulb and ballast, I just haven't found one. I see there are plenty of conversion kits listed on e-bay, I just don't know about the quality of the product offered. Can someone point me to a resource for HID lamps and ballasts? Keep in mind money is an object AND this is the prototype, so I need to do this on the cheap. I can always upgrade parts in the future, but for now I am more interested in fitment, design and function of my prototype.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx...

Cigarman

Enlightened
Really you might want to see if you can score a Sam's Club HID from ebay. They are pretty darn cheap for what you get from them. Of course prices go up from there.