Anyone have A2 pics to show?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF A2 sounds cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif but how about some pictures and action to back it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I'm almost regretting the E2E/KL1 combo purchase I just did...and I haven't even got it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Why do I find great things I want after I just bought something great that I wanted....WHY!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Oh well, it looks like I'm gonna have to justify another reason to NEED one.

Kiu

Enlightened
i m also waiting here for some pic & reviews.
like some shot compare A2 with E2e & P60 with fresh and half dead batt. & compare with New Beam/Attitude/X5.
Me here has already avaible to buy in shop,oh...i must go out to have a look with it today!!

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I believe there are two pics of the A2 posted on this thread by Not_Holic...

CandlePowerForums: A2 pics

Although, I wouldn't call a purchase of an E2e plus the KL1 a loss - that's a great combo. As I was kindly informed by fellow CPF members, the A2's LED setting puts out about 3 lumens, more appropriate for map reading and other low-light issues (aviation applications and the like, to preserve night vision - as I read), as opposed to the more general use of the KL1's 17 lumens.

-Jim

SurefireM6

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Now I'm almost regretting the E2E/KL1 combo purchase I just did...and I haven't even got it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Why do I find great things I want after I just bought something great that I wanted....WHY!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Oh well, it looks like I'm gonna have to justify another reason to NEED one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The E2e + KL1 is a much better choice than the L1, you can look at it that way. You have the 60lm incandescent option or the 6v LS option all for the price of the 3v L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The A2 is nice but you still "need" that LS option of the KL1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
E2e/KL1 is an excellent combo, which has much longer runtime than L1 but is only slightly longer. In fact, I just gave it to my wife who and her sisters were going to their parents' home to find some stuff.

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
The SF A2 sounds cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif but how about some pictures and action to back it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally find the E2/KL1 is an outstanding light for 95% of my needs. I don't need 50 or 60 lumens very often, but 18 lumens is a nice amount of light for most purposes; the A2 LED's are pretty wimpy except for low light tasks. For some people, this light might be perfect, but
I think a *lot* of people are going to buy an A2, and discover that it doesn't really do anything the lights they already have do just as well; but in a smaller, and MUCH, MUCH less expensive package.

Anybody figure out how to carry an A2, if you're not wearing a jacket?

Given Surefire's time line for accessories, I'd guess it will be a year and a half before we see a holster for the A2. The vastly more popular E2 took that long, in any event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Well I wish that they had a NON-LED option for the A2, and I'll just carry the ARC AAA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait wait wait....i don't get all this talk about the A2 and its "inadequate" LED light output. Not too long ago, when Luxeon LEDs were not available yet, EVERYBODY seemed satisfied by 1, 2, 3, or 4 5mm LEDs. During that time, only a few who could afford the 7+ LED flashlights were the LED kings.

If i recall correctly, mostly everyone agreed that the Princeton Tec Attitude (3 LED) flashlight was the best LED bang for the buck. As a matter of fact, the Attitude was my FIRST LED flashlight. I was VERY happy with it up until i got my first Luxeon based light, the Lambda Illuminator. 3 LEDs was more than enoegh to satisfy. But hold on...it seems like everyone is satisfied with the Arc AAA, which is only 1 nichia LED. I have both. The Attitude BLOWS it away in terms of brightness and longevity. But the small size of the Arc AAA leaves my PT sitting collecting dust.

So, my point was that 3 LEDs seemed to be adequate...heck, even 1 LED seemed to suffice for a lot of us flashaholics. Based on this observation, why am i hearing that the A2 LEDs are whimpy? First, nobody owns one yet, and second, why do we put down SF's 3 LEDs and yet praise Arc's 1 LED?

Having said that, i will get the arguement, that most of you are happy, and can get by just as well, with 2 flashlights that cost substantially less. Okay, well let me try to break it down like this.

Assuming you have or want those 2 flashlights to be of superior quality, then two lights that come to mind are the Surefire E2e HA and the Arc AAA. The E2e costs about 70 dollars, and the Arc AAA costs about 30 dollars. That's about 100 dollars for both lights. Substatially less expensive than the A2's 140-160 dollar price tag? Sure...especially for people like me. 40 dollars goes a long way.

But check this out. This combination only has 1 LED, 2 less than the "whimpy" 3 LEDs that the Surefire A2 has. Another thing that's missing is the digital regulation. I now understand that the regulation not only applies for the LEDs, but also works for the xenon bulb. What this means is, you get ~60 lumens for the entire 60 minutes. The E2 can't do that. It can probably sustain 60 lumens for the the first few minutes on fresh batteries.

Having said that, the 40-60 dollars you pay for goes toward integrating 2 flashlights into one, and adding digital regulation. Not to mention Surefire quality, LOTC, pyrex window, HA coating....THE WORKS.

Now, judging weather or not 3 LEDs is inadequate is purely objective and your opinion. As for me, yes, after having an ARC LS, regular LEDs are no longer my EDC. But, if i can replace my E2 with a light that is better and more efficient with its xenon bulb, AND has integrated LEDS...shoot....I guess i'll be EDCing 3 flashlights very soon. A Xenon light, an LED light, AND my ARC LS.

Life is good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiu

Enlightened
i agree that the 3 led is just the enhancement of A2, the regulated xenon bulb is why i excited with. i will be be glad as it always bright than my E2e within 50 mins. The most problem i worried about is it's length.
My pockets is always jsut fit to 4-5"....
5.9" may a bit longer as EDC for me

Kiu

Enlightened
A2 is already to sell here
about US$ 172
check it www.surefire.com.hk
i see it selling in many shop in HK, their serial no is about #003xx.i will take some photo with it when i back.