Can I use a camless reflector in 2D ROP?

horizonseeker

Enlightened
i have all the parts (i think) for an ROP except for the reflector,

I have:

6AA - 2D adapter
Pelican Big D bulbs
2D maglite
Borofloat lens

now the question, can I use the camless metal reflector in this configuration? Do I lose the focusing with the camless?

I am having a bit of hard time finding a cammed metal reflector for a good price.

david.

Carpenter

Enlightened
You can get the camless, but make sure you get some focusing shims with it. The focusing shims will allow you to get the correct focus you need for your bulb, however this method is harder to get working than a cammed reflector for obvious reasons.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is ModaMag's simple modification that allows you to lock down the pedastal in a fixed position so you can focus just by screwing the entire head up or down. Personally, I find this easier than the use of shims because you can still adjust focus at will and you don't have loose shims to drop if you need to change a bulb.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is ModaMag's simple modification that allows you to lock down the pedastal in a fixed position so you can focus just by screwing the entire head up or down. Personally, I find this easier than the use of shims because you can still adjust focus at will and you don't have loose shims to drop if you need to change a bulb.

Best way to do it.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
FiveMega sell his removable cam reflector so you can choose to use it cammed or cammless:whistle:

PS: if you use them cammless with ROP bulbs than the beam will be perfect...they are designed for this!