Winter road trip suggestions

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first week of October Pat, my wife, is having a knee replacement surgery, poor thing cancer last year and knee replacement this year. Anyways, it is heredity I guess, both her parents have had them done. She will be off work for 10 weeks, unless they give her a paperwork nurse position for a few to shorten it, so she is wanting to take a road trip perhaps the last two as long as she is feeling well enough.

Yes, I know everyone is crying for me because it will wreck my archery hunting season to be home with her all of October, but one does what ones has to do.

We have been kicking around some places:

1. Key West - she loves Hemmingway and would love to see Key West which she never has.

2. The Alamo - she is a history buff like I am and has never seen the Alamo and would like to.

3. New Orleans - We both would not mind giving the Big Easy some additional tourist dollars to help rebuilding, it is one place we have both enjoyed before.

Any suggestions for a winter road trip? Comments on current ideas? No Northern trips, we get plenty of cold and snow in Michigan
wink.gif

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you decide Los Angeles area is in the cards, Disneyland is very wheelchair friendly.

For the price of a 3-day visitor pass you can get a "California resident" annual pass... be happy to purchase 'em for you. You have to be present so they can take your pic for the little ID card they give you.

bitslammer

Enlightened
The Alamo is really, really, really small as to what I'd expected. Only the small little mission building remains. It's about the size of a small fast food joint.

That being said; San Antonio is a wonderful city. I spent most of my time there at the luxurious resort know as Ft. Sam Houston. Still by Army bases it's like a 4-star base.

I'd pick where you want to go and then see if you can pick anything in between or as small diversions from your path.

WNG

Enlightened
Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon, Sedona, AZ would be quite nice that time of the year. Simply beautiful scenery. Shouldn't be too hot then.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Alamo and San Antonio is a nice destination. Time permitting, take a trip to the Big Bend area. Really nice. There's also the hill country to investigate.
Enjoy.

KingGlamis

Banned
Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon, Sedona, AZ would be quite nice that time of the year. Simply beautiful scenery. Shouldn't be too hot then.

I'd have to agree that these are must-see places. Also, since she is a history buff, Tombstone, AZ is not too terribly far out of the way. You could also hit the Alamo on your way.