Lumapower M1-R ready for pre-order at BatteryJunction

popnfresh

Newly Enlightened
i might have missed it on the page, but does it say what kind of led it is using?

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
if i am not mistake i would guess it would be a rebel led since model number is m1-"R" "R" for rebel. but not sure just taking a guess

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it's R2, if it was, it would be doing more than 180 lumens. It sounds like either a Rebel or a Cree Q2. I'd like to see a comparision of the M1-R and the Dereelight CL1H 2.0.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
laugh1.gif
clap1.gif
This is a fun guessing game.

daveman

Enlightened
If it turns out to be "only" a Rebel, I would be fairly disappointed.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the LED what makes this light different from the original M1?

If it does in deed use an R2 bin Cree that would be pretty awesome! I would imagine it would mean that the other manufacturers are right around the corner with them.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
I doubt it has a rebel b/c wouldn't they have to redesign the reflector? I seriously doubt they've done that. I've heard talks for the R bin rearing its head...

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I know stands the "r" for :restructured and the Led will be a Cree with higher binning.

Best regards

____
Tom

Burgess

Flashaholic
Oh gee . . . .

Yet another cool flashlight i've gotta' save up for.

:whistle:

_

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing it's a Q2 bin CREE based on the lumens they are quoting, we'll see. :)

Dobbler

Enlightened
Anyone install a Q5 in an M1? How hard are these to mod (for the person who has never done an electronics mod... yet...)

rolling

Enlightened
Anyone install a Q5 in an M1? How hard are these to mod (for the person who has never done an electronics mod... yet...)

I did, in a M1 Tactical. It isnt that hard to do. But make sure you get one on a 15mm pcb thats 1.9mm in height. I had a Q5 WC on 17mm by 2mm and it was quite a bit of work to make it fit.
The other difficulty was the original thermal paste, i had to use some force to pry the old star out. The improvements are quite nice :)

Last edited: