Any other Gordon (aka Harbor freight) owners?

andyr354

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Gordon 3C LuxeonIII and really like the light. It is machined well with smoother threads than my M@gs have. The modular design with good heat sinking is also nice.

Just wondering if there were any here with mods they did to it.
Found this in the search, but not a write up
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/160102

Andy

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
I bought one about a week ago (the 3C model). The 3D model looks even slightly nicer, but I'm just not into lights this bulky. I haven't done anything to mine yet, but I'll probably try either a Cree or an Edison in mine, along with one of the 5-mode circuits from DX. I agree that it's nicely machined as you mention, it's a simple light but it can easily be taken apart to be modded, including a decent heatsink and a plastic reflector that can be taken out with a spanner wrench. The beam isn't the greatest and has quite a few artifacts, but I don't mind and it has decent throw.

andyr354

Newly Enlightened
I have the 3D which I put a Seoul SSC in. It kicks butt!!!!! LOTS of throw yet nice spill as well.

Did you use a resistor or a regulator?

What is a good resistor to use with the 4.5v setup and a SSC?

Walt175

Enlightened
I used a DB 750 from the 'shoppe that I had laying around. I think it would easily handle more power. I considered getting a DB 1000 for it, but moved onto other projects.