Arc AAA questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
I'm looking to buy an arc aaa light and was wondering whats the difference between the standard and the premium.

As i understand the premium is brighter, but is there any difference besides the led?

If it's just the LED why is there so much price difference ($10) when the nichia LEDS are so cheap.

Is it possible to buy a standard and replace the LED for the brighter one?

Cheers

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
The only difference between the Premium and the Standard is the LED, that's all. I dunno why it's a $10 difference, and i'm sure you can upgrade the Standard's LED but personally i don't think it's worth it.

Haz

Enlightened
I wouldn't upgrade the LED as well, you will need to uncrimp the head to get access to the LED, then you will need to unsolder and solder the new LED into place. That's alot of work, much better to pay the extra $ for the brighter LED, that is of course you want brighter

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Pay the extra for the Premium, it's worth every penny and you'll soon forget about the price difference.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the Premium version is worth it. You can also look at CPFMarketplace, Arc AAA-P's show up there on a regular basis - you often can get a premium in like-new condition at the price of the standard version.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I shell out the money for the premium every time, and I've bought quite a few over time.

The LEDs are hand-sorted into "Premium" and "not Premium" buckets, so you're looking at quite a bit of skilled manual labor and expertise that goes into the selection of the LEDs. Run those costs through the standard multipliers for the manufacturing-to-retail process, and THAT is why you're paying $10. I consider it a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.