- Momentary click/Twist on/off
- Custom made heat sink
- Glass lens
- 400+ Lumens, powered by current regulated driver
- Ship on September 23rd, 2007

they have a youtube video as well!!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exciting stuff...pretty cheap price. It was only a matter of time before these multi led lights came out I guess. Hope to see more.

lexina

Enlightened
That's the first tri-Seoul I have seen - the others were all tri-Crees. This one seems to use 3 separate reflectors instead of a single tri-reflector. Although the description states OP-reflectors, it looks like the reflectors are smooth. In any case, the beam is nicer than what I have seen of the tri-Crees. Looks like a great buy if you don't mind the length!

Last edited:

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
yeah both the dx and kai seem great for the price.
i wanna get one asap but i cant decide which one :-(
shame none takes 2x 18650 instead of 4xcr123a

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The look of the DX model is nice, but I can really do without the strobe. That being said, I just ordered one of the Kaidomain lights. I really like how both of them are using 3 separate reflectors, which gives me hope that these will have a fairly wide beam. I had once owned a Nuwai tri-lux light, and the custom tri-lux reflector (one piece) resulted in an extremely pin pointed beam--good for some, as it was really throwy, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

WOW!!

Looking at these specs...is there a misprint on the price!?

bspofford

Enlightened
The body of the KD SSC light looks very similar to the WF-400 and WF-600 lights at DX. They have decent quality, but I don't like the momentary/twist switch that this light has. The beam looks great, so I think I'll give one a try.

lexina

Enlightened
Looks like the SolarForce that's been reviewed.

Cosmetically, there are some differences in the design but perhaps the internals are the same. The Solarforce runs on either 3 X RCR123s or 4 X CR123s because the "regulator" is just a resistor. The light comes with an extension that allows 3 or 4 cells.

The Kai light specifies either 4 X CR123s or 4 X RCR123s which could mean that there is some sort of linear regulator that limits the excess voltage from using 4 rechargeables. Or perhaps, it's just a misprint and the bottom portion is removable to allow 3 rechargeables - that would be better as it means a shorter light.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is important for folks to take note that the combo deal, $50 for the light, charger, and 4 RCR123 batteries...... includes unprotected RCR123 cells.

Lichtschalter

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the combo deal. Great deal, especially with the Euro hitting 1.40 US$.

My father in law will get this light for Christmas. He recently told me he wanted to buy this light (strange thing, does anybody know it?) for his RV, but I told him to let me take care of it. :grin2:

Let's see if that will turn him into a flashaholic. :devil:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the combo deal. Great deal, especially with the Euro hitting 1.40 US$.

My father in law will get this light for Christmas. He recently told me he wanted to buy this light (strange thing, does anybody know it?) for his RV, but I told him to let me take care of it. :grin2:

Let's see if that will turn him into a flashaholic. :devil:
Yep, it is a great deal, but be aware that you will need to be especially careful when using the unprotected RCR123 batteries, both in use and during charging.

Without the protection circuit, you should be sure and check the individual voltage levels before placing them in series (not a bad idea even with protected cells), making sure that they are very close to each other (balanced), and you will need to be much more careful when using the light so that you do not over discharge the batteries (that would render the cell useless, or dangerous during recharge), so stop using the light early, rather than trying to get a full hour of runtime. Also, when charging, make sure the batteries are not left unattended, and are checked often for any signs of overcharging.

I generally prefer single cell lithium-ion lights, and only use protected cells, but I believe even unprotected cells can be used safely if you remain aware of the special precautions that need to be observed. Personally, I would spend the little bit extra and get a set of high quality protected cells for use in this light, or.....just use primary batteries and pretty much eliminate most problems altogether.

I don't want to appear alarmist, but I think many folks might see this neat light, and without realizing the inherent dangers of using unprotected lithium-ion rechargeable cells (especially in series), will go off and use it thinking that they can treat it just like they would any other alkaline based battery (or NiMh cell) flashlight. Please feel free to correct me if I have presented any misleading or incomplete information, or if I've overstated the dangers. I'm still learning, but what I've learned about lithium-ion rechargeable batteries so far, immediately sent up red flares when I saw this light, and the combo pack being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.