Novatac 120P - Great Light, BONE-UGLYClip!

bgaumont

Newly Enlightened
I just took possession of a Novatac 120P. Love the light, HATE the pocket clip!

I need a clip on my lights to hold them at the top of my pocket. I don't like using pouches as I think an EDC should be in your pocket as invisible as possible until needed, but close at hand.

I see a market for an accessory clip that is flatter, stronger and better looking than the current clip. Maybe a stainless steel or damascus steel clip that I would not be embarassed to see poking out of my pocket at my day job.

I won't be carrying my 120P in my business casual attire until I can solve this problem. I can't believe that I am the only owner out there who feels the same way.

Any metal working experts out there who wants to fill a need?

Suggestions?
Bob

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that the clip is ugly! I sent an email to novatac and they responded telling me that they were planning to redesign it. if anyone has any recommendations, i'm sure they will listen

i just bought a ti ring from Burman to replace the clip. i don't think that i need a clip, but in any case i qont uae the crap that came with it

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assumed from looking at it that it's a belt clip not a pocket clip.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
love the light too, hate the clip
its currently riding in the bottom of my pocket, held in by my wallet, i am probably going to order a pouch for it soon, either that or just tie a lanyard around the waisted section of the light

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that gave me a good idea:

IMG_0247.jpg

Actually, I rather like the included clip, and use it all the time, both on my belt, and also on the visor of my minibus when reading at night while waiting for folks to eat dinner.

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMG_0247.jpg

Actually, I rather like the included clip, and use it all the time, both on my belt, and also on the visor of my minibus when reading at night while waiting for folks to eat dinner.

Are you taking orders? Any chance of one in ti? :)

CFU

mightysparrow

Enlightened
True, it's not the best-looking clip I've seen. However, I do like the way it attaches around the waist of the light, because it can't be pulled off the light, and it doesn't put stress on the screw threads that would otherwise be utilized if it was screwed to the body of the light. That being said, I do acknowledge the criticism I've seen on CPF that the clip could scratch the body of the light easily if it is loose enough to rotate freely. The clips are not that loose, however, on my lights, so I don't anticipate that being a big problem. (and, I plan to keep my 120's for a long time, so depreciation due to wear is not a big problem for me)

robo21

Enlightened

IMG_0247.jpg

OMG! Brilliant! Paypal or Western Union? :clap::laughing::takeit::crackup:

cfromc

Enlightened
There is a feeler thread on B/S/T for a Ti clip. It looks like it may have some different options as far as carry (High, Low) and maybe even different anodizing options. We are still waiting to see the price as I write this. My guess is $30 +/-.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assumed from looking at it that it's a belt clip not a pocket clip.

Mine bent the very first time I tried putting it over my belt. I think it is a piece of scrap metal that happens to fit on a great light. Your mileage may vary.

Patriot

Flashaholic

IMG_0247.jpg

LOLOL!!!:hahaha::clap:

I'm such a freak about pocket clips that it's one of the reasons that I haven't purchased a NovaTac yet. I liked the HDS clip with screws to be honest. I've also liked the Surefire clips over the years.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took mine off and stomped it flatter - well actually carefully lowered the profile in several spots with a vise and some tools. I was making the first Titanium clips for the HDS when it came out and went on to make a bezel up/down clip but had to give that up for the time since other house building projects became a priority and the clips were taking a lot of work all being done by hand. However I see wvaltakis2 took over the idea and seems to be doing okay with those. I do wish there were clip holes in the body of the Novatac for some optional style clips.

speedman

Newly Enlightened

IMG_0247.jpg

I guess you could call this "Clip Art".

Good idea, but it looks like it would be a hassle to change the batteries on this setup? Back to the drawing board....

Ritch

Enlightened

IMG_0247.jpg

:crackup:
Would you take an order for wooden bezels, too?

bgaumont

Newly Enlightened
There is a feeler thread on B/S/T for a Ti clip. It looks like it may have some different options as far as carry (High, Low) and maybe even different anodizing options. We are still waiting to see the price as I write this. My guess is $30 +/-.

Thanks for making me aware of the feeler thread. I've added my desire for one of the clips to the thread.
Bob

Cnote

Newly Enlightened

IMG_0247.jpg

One of the few complaints I have read about the NovaTac but looks like it is solved!