Is it possible to program a "T" series Novatac?

gunga

Flashaholic
I read somewhere that a "T" series Novatac could be programed like the P series (maybe like the Basic HDS's, with a secret mode or something).

Is this true or perhaps I was smokin' something?

:confused:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in knowing this too. If they are programmable, I would likely buy one of them.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I was sure what I read said, "can program a P like a T - but not the other way around"...but I can't find it!

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
the only thing i heard was people saying not to buy the "t" since all you get is a tail cap (rubber), and the "p" can swap tail caps(rubber) so it would be better to buy a "p" and try to order a "t" tail cap (rubber). There you go you have a programmable "t"

luminata

Enlightened
I dont think a flat tailcap has anything to do with it being programmable. that is in the light module. You would not turn a T into a P by getting a flat tailcap . The Tactical series has 4 very useful levels and disorienting strobe. and it is much easier to use the T series button than the flat ones. You could interchange buttons on any of the T or P models and they will still act the same as what they originally are.

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
I dont think a flat tailcap has anything to do with it being programmable. that is in the light module. You would not turn a T into a P by getting a flat tailcap . The Tactical series has 4 very useful levels and disorienting strobe. and it is much easier to use the T series button than the flat ones. You could interchange buttons on any of the T or P models and they will still act the same as what they originally are.

you are right what i was trying to say in the post was you could buy a "P" model and program it exactly to the same specs as a "T" add the "T" rubber cap not the whole module just the cap. Then you will have a programmable "T"

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
keep trying oh mighty young one and you will be able to one day learn how to control the force:party::naughty:.