STRION

FASTCAR

Banned
Have not seen a Strion thread in ages. Such a great lil light with fantastic discharge curve.Next to the A2 it may be the flattest curve on an incan.

I have 1 In the garage and it works great still.
Oddly my brother wants to sell his.LOL he used it maybee twice.

I must be the only CPF left with a Strion :faint:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have my Strion, and in fact was just "admiring" it yesterday. Great li'l rechargeable light. Had it in a drawer at home for awhile, but decided to take it to work for any "emergencies" or other contingencies.

liquidsix

Enlightened
strion was a great light. Sadly I sold mine a long time ago when I realized it just didn't have the runtime for what I wanted it for.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the battery pack in my Tigerlight FBOP is nearly dead, the Strion has become our around the house light that gets a lot of use. We leave it sitting out on the kitchen counter and my wife uses it quite a bit.

Illum

Flashaholic
Have not seen a Strion thread in ages. Such a great lil light with fantastic discharge curve.Next to the A2 it may be the flattest curve on an incan.

well...its about the size of the A2 and its rechargeable...whats more better than that?;)
the A2 cant use rechargeables :(
I could've chose to buy the strion, but since my use-xenon-as-duty-light days are over, I choose the scorpion...

Pher

Newly Enlightened
I have a strion and its an awsome light. I've had it for about a year and I've always liked it. It used to be my EDC but got replaced by a D-mini because it had better throw.But overall Its one of my favorite lights.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
still got mine
mine currently lives beside my bed as part of my edc rotation
either the strion, L4 or Inova T3 ride in a belt holster when im going out at night
or i chuck my SF u2 in a pocket

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I still EDC my strion. I am in high school still but my parents are totally reluctant on funding my flashaholism. Soon to come to me (I hope): Fenix L2TV2.0, SF-L1 Cree, SF-U2 Ultra, and SF-KT5 (for my L7).

shelly

Newly Enlightened
I just sold my 2 Strions on the Marketplace today as I found I was not using them. I prefer to use my smaller leds.

But they were good lights with great throw.

Shely

lightplay22

Enlightened
I still EDC my strion in my work pants leg pocket. It has saved me soo many batteries that I afraid my stock of 123's are going to expire before I can use them. Still on the original bulb and battery. It still seems to last a long time, but don't seem quite as bright as when it was new. I don't remember exactly how old it is but I had to wait for the dealers to get their stock because something delayed the original release. I will probably get another one some day as it is a very good light to have and one more can't hurt.

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
I have a strion. Lost the charger in a move. Been upset about it, finance thinks I'm being a good guy by unpacking everything in the garage. I could really care less about the clutter, I just want to find my charger.

Anyways, it's a good light. Got mine back in early 2005, had one problem right away, I would turn the switch and the thing wouldn't work. I sent it off to streamlight...they fixed it and paid shipping. Been happy since.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if SL could just make an LED Strion with a Rebel. That would be nice.
AFAIK, SL does not have any lights with a cree or SSC. I wonder if they will in 2008? The LED stinger was a great idea but they should have used a cree or SSC and not the Lux3.

FASTCAR

Banned
I must say 1 good thing about SL.
My personal Strion was 1 of the first. I had the usual contact/switch issues.

I sent it back to them at eagle rock..7 days later it was back in my hands.
All new contacts, battery and switches.They also threw in a spare bulb and nice note.

Thats what you pay for.

My brother is selling his and like 10 other good LED lights..wont say why.
:confused:

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I have to say my one rant about the strion is that the reflector is a metal coated textured plastic reflector. Yes thats right. The biggest problem with that is if you lock the light in constant on too long you end up burning up the reflector and leaving a white cloudy streak behind on it.