Great Unexpected Gift- A Surefire L1

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I know this is yet another Surefire rah-rah thread, but I can't help myself, and it's about generosity, too. I just acquired an L1 Digital Lumamax, and am really jazzed about its fit, finish, and brightness. If this is 65 lumens, then my other lights are much less than advertised. It really does put the others to shame. But I might never have had my own were it not for it being a gift from good buddy and fellow CPFer Rob (bondr006). He understands my cheapskate tendencies, knowing I'd probably never get one for myself, and saw a way to "enlighten" me and give me a retirement present at the same time. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he gave it to me tonight. I just threw in the beaker after 32 years as a chemist/analyst, and this was my finest and most thoughtful gift.

Three cheers for Mr. Bond, and three more for Surefire. :twothumbs

Geoff

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, you're a very lucky man, Geoff.

First for getting such a sweet light for a gift, and second for having such a nice friend!
A very nice thing to do, Bondr006!

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I know this is yet another Surefire rah-rah thread, but I can't help myself, and it's about generosity, too. I just acquired an L1 Digital Lumamax, and am really jazzed about its fit, finish, and brightness. If this is 65 lumens, then my other lights are much less than advertised. It really does put the others to shame. But I might never have had my own were it not for it being a gift from good buddy and fellow CPFer Rob (bondr006). He understands my cheapskate tendencies, knowing I'd probably never get one for myself, and saw a way to "enlighten" me and give me a retirement present at the same time. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he gave it to me tonight. I just threw in the beaker after 32 years as a chemist/analyst, and this was my finest and most thoughtful gift.

Three cheers for Mr. Bond, and three more for Surefire. :twothumbs

Geoff

Rob told me he was going to give you a L1! Great light given by a great guy!! Enjoy it!! :)