Not impressed with 900 mah DX drop in, looking for scorcher LED module...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it to put in a 6P. I was expecting alot more output than the Surefire LED module that comes in G2L/ 6PL. Its brighter, but not much, barely noticable. I tried running on 2 new primaries as well as 2 batterstation 3.7v RCR123s. No difference in output. The tint, however, is excellent. But I'm looking for an absolute scorcher drop in for a aluminum bodied Surefire in the C2/C3 size. I've heard about the Malkoff but can anyone tell me if it would be any difference in output compared to the DX? Thats if the DX is actually running at 900ma, something tells me the LED isn't actually getting 900ma but I can' be sure. Anyone test them yet? I put the DX module and the 6P up for sale over at the marketplace incase anyone is interested. I'm looking for a light to compliment the G2L I have now. Thanks for any help....

P.S. If anyone has managed to swap the emitter in a Surefire module, let me know!

Last edited:

pbs357

Enlightened
Those look pretty interesting... just wonder if those will be driven at 900ma or possibly 1amp to get the full brightness. (same question you have about your DX I guess!). I have 3 of the sku#1447 drop ins from DX and while they may not be scorchers necessarily, they put the wow factor on when compared to the P60 and P61 lamps. Those lamps have great color rendition and flood, but the DX's blow them away in throw, having a decently wide hot spot that goes out a good 100yds or so plus a wide, bright flood. Maybe you got a dud?