deerlight dbs. help me order

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
is there a web site i can order this light from. i think i want to go with the 3 stage light since it has the Q4.

should i wait till the Q5 comes out?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
depends if you need right now. r bins are coming next. so there is a constant advancement. so when can you use it? :shrug:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Dereelight also wants easy to upgrade parts so when the newer bins modules come out, all you have to do is buy a new module.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

With regards to all aspects of technology;
It is a certainty, there is something slightly better in the pipeline.

How long do you want to play the waiting game?...:whistle:

DanielG

Enlightened
+

With regards to all aspects of technology;
It is a certainty, there is something slightly better in the pipeline.

How long do you want to play the waiting game?...:whistle:

Are you even vaguely into computers?

Buy the best you can right now. Never price that thing again (they will be on sale the next day), never look at that model again (there will be an upgrade the next day).

DanH

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
so what's the "pill" upgrade. i don't plan on upgrading this later on.

should i get the op reflector? i'm not sure what the real difference is. i don't really plan on ever changing the reflector.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Of course I dig computers, that's what I mean,
there has to be a point where you just say SOLD.

Get the DBS if you can, and buy an upgrade pill later down the road, they are about $30.
An OP for the DBS,...thats up to you.

If you don't have a Dereelight, you may consider a CL1H, 3-mode.
Best all around light to date. Yes you can upgrade the pills also.

*grass_disaster, the beauty of Dereelight is being able to upgrade the pills,
its like getting a whole new light by screwing in the new module, couldn't be simpler.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what's the "pill" upgrade. i don't plan on upgrading this later on.

should i get the op reflector? i'm not sure what the real difference is. i don't really plan on ever changing the reflector.

The pill is the driver circuit and the LED. When they develope a newer circuit, or upgrade an existing circuit with a more efficient (brighter) LED, you can choose to buy just the pill and replace the one in your light. It is as easy as unscrewing the front of the light, unscrewing the pill, and scewing in the new pill, and screwing the light back together. You could buy a new pill a month after getting the light, or you could wait 6 months, a year, it's up to you. Rather than buying another new light in 6 months for $100-150 because it's brighter than your DBS, you can just buy a new pill for $30 or whatever and have the latest and greatest emitter.

The OP reflector is an orange peel or textured reflector. This will reduce the DBS's throw, give you larger hot spot, and brighter spill, and a cleaner beam (no rings, artifacts, etc). This is often personal prefernce. If you wanted to use the light at closer range, it would give you a better quality beam to work with. If maximum throw is your goal then you want the smooth reflector which focuses the light into a tighter beam, giving you a smaller and more intense hot spot.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes like borrowing the first 3 minutes on low restriction from the A8 so I can use A123's :D
:laughing: but... I'm actually all for an 18650 in this type of light. I'm hoping protected 18650 becomes a standard cell. I love single cell, I like the AW 18650.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
The pill is the driver circuit and the LED. When they develope a newer circuit, or upgrade an existing circuit with a more efficient (brighter) LED, you can choose to buy just the pill and replace the one in your light. It is as easy as unscrewing the front of the light, unscrewing the pill, and scewing in the new pill, and screwing the light back together. You could buy a new pill a month after getting the light, or you could wait 6 months, a year, it's up to you. Rather than buying another new light in 6 months for $100-150 because it's brighter than your DBS, you can just buy a new pill for $30 or whatever and have the latest and greatest emitter.

The OP reflector is an orange peel or textured reflector. This will reduce the DBS's throw, give you larger hot spot, and brighter spill, and a cleaner beam (no rings, artifacts, etc). This is often personal prefernce. If you wanted to use the light at closer range, it would give you a better quality beam to work with. If maximum throw is your goal then you want the smooth reflector which focuses the light into a tighter beam, giving you a smaller and more intense hot spot.

Do you have any picture compare to Tiablo A9 in throw? I like my Tiablo alots, So I got 2 Tiablo, Now I see If the Deerlight dbs have better throw, I want one too, if throw alots better than mine A9?

Thanks..

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
i think i'm going to wait for the Q5. i think it's just around the corner. this will make for a nice christmas gift for myself. $120 is a lot for a flashlight to me but i could justify it come christmas.

i wonder if i could order it with just the OP reflector?