malkoff M60 arrived today!!!

jbosman1013

Enlightened
WOW this is one very bright drop-in with amazing throw! It only took 3 days to receive the module and so far I can't say enough about it. I took it outside and was lighting up objects 100yds away without a problem
faint.gif
.I will add more latter after some use.

on a side note today was kinda like christmas for me I received a sprint PDA (the mogul) my malkoff and my order from DX. today was a good day

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
I have a BOG 170 lumen drop in, but im gonna get a malkoff..... ive heard they are better

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
hey i just got my Malkoff in yesterday........ it blows away these 170 lumen BOG drop ins

arty

Enlightened
Can you describe the beam pattern? Is it smooth?
I already have an older BOG 3W drop in for a 6P. Do you think that it is worth the additional upgrade?

Lightdude

Newly Enlightened
I have a Malkoff drop-in for my 6P. I can't say enough about it. I love it!:rock:Oh yeah, now I am enlightened! (I am very easily amused)

Last edited:

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
What is the next best thing seeing how it appears to be next to impossible to get a Malkoff?

donn_

Flashaholic
Not "impossible," just not easy. After watching the website constantly, and signing up for the email newsletter, I got an email saying 10 of the M60's were available. I was already logged in to the website, and I placed my order. It's on it's way.

I also have a 230 lumen Cree Q5 drop-in pre-ordered from BugOutGear (BOG). It's due to start shipping at the end of the month.

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
WOW this is one very bright drop-in with amazing throw! It only took 3 days to receive the module and so far I can't say enough about it. I took it outside and was lighting up objects 100yds away without a problem
faint.gif
.I will add more latter after some use.

on a side note today was kinda like christmas for me I received a sprint PDA (the mogul) my malkoff and my order from DX. today was a good day

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it? I am still debating whether or not to beef up my SF 6P. Whatever I do though has to be relatively low dollar, and so easy that the technically challenged can do it.

donn_

Flashaholic
My M60 arrived today. Great little gadget! I paid the price on his website, $49, plus shipping of $8. It was packaged to beat the band; inside a bubble-wrap pouch, inside a jiffy bag, inside a box. Even USPS couldn't hurt it!

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: malkoff M60 arrived today...but...problem!

My M60 arrived today too. Will test it tonight against my WE XR-E 130 lumen.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: I cannot screw the bezel down all the way on my 6P with the Malkoff M60 installed. Is this normal?

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: malkoff M60 arrived today...but...problem!

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: I cannot screw the bezel down all the way on my 6P with the Malkoff M60 installed. Is this normal?

I think it must be, because it's the same with my 6PD.

If you stand the Malkoff next to the P60 incan assembly, the solid part of the Malkoff is taller than the solid part of the P60.

If the gap is a worry, you can probably fill it with an appropriately sized O-ring.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks donn

It's not that big of a worry. It just seemed odd for all the raves it is getting.

Will have to use some other light in rainy weather.

vince23

Newly Enlightened
donn,
When you get the Q5 in from BOG let us know how this performs, I don't know if I should buy the Malkoff m60 or this new Q5 from BOG. They both look good.