bi-pin bulbs problem...

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all!

I have got a mag85 (in 3D host with KIU socket and FM throwmaster) and I really like it...I have also bought 2 X WA1306 bulb as low bulbs...
all is perfect just one thing:
each time I need to change bulb (from 1185 to 1306 or vice versa) I spend about 5 minutes to center the bulb into the reflector hole (I think that this operation is more difficult with throwmaster becouse of the bigger hole...)
I have had the same proble with FM PR-Base to bi-pin adapter and at the end I think that this is a common problem with bi-pin bulbs...( I have noticed that with ROP bulbs you don't have this problem...)
can you help me?
have you got any suggestion?
have you got the same problem?

thanks in advance!

PS: hope this is not a stupid thread:rolleyes:

thezman

Enlightened
Here's the way I do it. With the head, reflector and bulb installed, remove the bezel and lense and use the back end of a pen to center the bulb. Reassemble the lense and bezel.

Brozneo

Enlightened
When I change Bi-Pin bulbs (in Mag mods) I put the bulb in, then with the reflector installed with the big screwy thing (? bezel i think they call it?) and screw it down until the sweet spot - have to have light on, then from there adjust as necessary with a medical glove on (so not to damage the bulb) but one piece of advise - once the light is off, wait a couple of mins before touching the bulb and always have the light facing up... Once in the sweet sweet spot, screw on the lens etc and your done!