My custom lanyard mod!

Bushman5

Enlightened
I made this lanyard attachment from spare bike parts i had laying around. Its was about .25 cents of parts :twothumbs

basically i used a brake fixing bolt from a bicycle cantilever brake arm. The bolt hold the shaft of the brake pad. Add a nylock locknut, two stainless steel flat washers, thats it! ;)

I simply drilled a small hole in the center of the tailcap of my Mag 2C , put a stainless steel washer on both sides, and put the bolt thru, with a Nylock nut to secure it inside the tailcap. Next i put a split ring onto the bolt on the outside of the flashlight. To this i attach my webbing lanyard (Texas Rig sling, actually). This allows me to quickly bring up the light with one hand , and drop it safely to my side if i need to.

5.0 Trunk from CPF was wondering what a "brake fixing bolt" looked like, so i put a leather lanyard, and a few parts in the mail for him :naughty:

Since i have no camera, 5.0 Trunk took some pics of how he set up his lanyard attachment, using the parts i sent him.

Enjoy! (the brake bolt can be found at any bike shop)

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Bushman, to show your pics, you just put img handles either side of each URL, like this:

B] [COLOR=red][B]
(with no spaces)

If you edit your post #1 you can add these in, then the pics will appear.

Bushman5

Enlightened
IMG tags added (i had to resize the pics from 2000 x 2400, down a bit in size :crackup:)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
DAMN, that is a pretty amazing lanyard you made there.

Great Work :thumbsup:

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I just wanted thank Bushman5 for his time and effort with this simple mod and sending me the items. I know I could have bought the parts locally but when I asked him if he had pictures of his mod, next thing I knew he was sending me one in the mail.
When I received the item, I used my spare tail cap because I didn't want to ruin my blue one just in case I messed up. I drilled the hole and tighten everything down and put the tail cap on. Total time was about 5 minutes.
Anyway, I love this mod and and again, Thank you Bushman5.

Bill

Last edited:

Scattergun

Enlightened
Even better to use a stud for fastening slings to rifles... its shorter and rounded.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey, that's great Bushman. I was thinking about a lanyard so that's perfect. Thank you. Hopefully some other people will come forward with some tailcap accessories and options.

5.0Trunk, you wouldn't have those pictures handy would you??

Thanks

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Patriot36...

The pictures above are the ones I sent to Bushman5.

Bill

Last edited: