JetBeam Jet I Mk.II R or Olight T15 Q5?

liquidsix

Enlightened
I've been waiting for the MK. II R to come out, but a few days ago the Olight T15 caught my eye, and I've heard there might be a Q5 version released in a couple of weeks. Now I'm not too sure which one I should be drooling for more.

I would go with the CPF modo of "buy both" but I think I'd rather buy one (it's a $ thing), and preferably the one that's better!

I'm wondering what everyone else's opinion is on which is the better light.

Which has better quality construction/threading? (I'm sure you can answer this based on the current T15 and Mk.II X)

What feels nicer in your hand?

Is the olight's hotspot too tight or does it have a usefull corona and spill? (I still haven't seen any beamshots of this light)

From the specs, does one seem to have better/more efficient circuitry than the other?

I've heard that for 1xAA lights it doesn't matter if its a Cree P4 or a Cree Q5, the voltage is so low it doesn't make a difference in efficiency. Is that true? In that case should I even wait for the Olight T15 Q5 and just look at the current model?

I suppose there are other things to consider too like the Mk.II R has lego configurations (1xAA,2xAA,1xCR123) and IMO is a gorgeous light. While the olight has almost the perfect UI IMO (I say 'almost' because this UI doesn't require SOS and Strobe but they put it in there anyways, blech!)

So what's your opinion?

P.S. I don't care about either company's customer service or shipping time, but talk about it if you want to, you might say something that could interest me.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I knew what a fine quality personal lighting instrument was until I bought my MKII.X

I have been so happy and impressed with the quality of it, I laid down my money the day they opened pre-orders for the MKII.R

I expect the R to be all the X was and more. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Good luck choosing between these fine lights! :thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I have neither but the Olight seem to have a thicker body then the Fenix and Jetbeam models.

Both lights should have a very useful spill light since they don't use optics.

Fenix seems to still hold the upper hand in efficiency.

The Jetbeam has more modes. The Olight seems to be simpler to use.

Those are just from what I've seen.