warning to cat owners

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the other day i lost my cat i couldnt find her any where but i heard her. it was weird like a faint meow. well she was in dang dryer. it wasnt on or anything i dryied cloths a few days ago she was only in there foer like 30 minutes i guess. what happened is i always leave my cloths in dryer and take em out when i need to wear em i got dressed went up staires and noticed i left dryer open so i closed it . man this could of been far worst so please check ya dryers.she is so curius

jtr1962

Flashaholic
She probably went in because the dryer was still warm and the clothes made a nice bed. Yes, it could have been much worse, but I'm sure the moment you turned a dryer on with the cat inside she would have meowed her head off.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thats the weird thing it was off for at least 1 day.thats where i keep my cloths most the time

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its still a comfy spot for Kitty, even if the clothes are no longer warm.

feb-1.jpg

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do turn on a dryer with a cat in it, chances are good you will kill him or her. DO NOT TAKE THIS STUFF LIGHTLY. Always check and re-check before turning on either washer or dryer. I know people who have killed cats this way.

It is no joke.

DM51

Flashaholic
Glad to hear your cat is still going strong, Raggie. She nearly used 1 life out of her 9 there.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warning duly noted.

I have a good dryer that leaves clothes nice and comfy at the end of the drying cycle.
And I will have another cat to carry on Felicia's 21 year legacy whenever I get the chance. ;)

1 what

Enlightened
The cat in the dryer takes me back to my university days when I lived in a Uni College for a number of years.
One day the Wardens wife turned on the dryer and realized it made a strange noise. Turned it off, opened it, and out fell the cat. As a result the cat had permanent ear/brain damage and walked with its head on a strange angle for some time. It eventually got over this but could never again jump in a straight line. Be careful.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
My son was over for the weekend once and I took him back to his mother's on Sunday night. Well, Tuesday, I noticed I had not seen my cat for awhile, and started looking around. He had been locked in my son's bedroom for 2 days! He immediately tore into the litter box, but God bless his soul, the bedroom was perfectly clean! I learned a new respect for him that day.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend has a cat that she rescued from the street that had toxoplasma before the vet fixed it, now one eye was blind as the result. I duno if the cat was dumb, had brain damage from toxoplasma, or something else. It was abused to hell by strangers in the streets, but it's the most trusting cat out of three she has. First time I was there the cat smooch up like it had known me forever.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
toxoplasmosis takes weeks to 'hatch' in the litter box. so if you clean it daily, or even every few days, there is nearly zero chance of catching it.
it does not recur in cats, and, as the article says, only a small percentage (2%) of cats are shedding it at any one time..
pregnant women, though, should not come in contact with cat feces, fresh or old, just to be very safe.

...my cat wears a locator transmitter.