Fenix P1D CE Q5 & UltraFire WF-602D1

RasmusB

Newly Enlightened
So today I recieved my ultrafire from DX and a bunch of e2 primaries. This meant that I could finally test my P1D which has been sitting unused at home due to the lack of batteries :twothumbs

Since it's not dark here just yet, I've just compared them really quick against a white wall at school. Acually I was a little nervous that the DX light would be too good... after all, it's only 1/3 of the cost for the P1D. So it would have sucked if it turned out to be just as good... or even better :mad:

Thankfully, that wasn't the case! As it turns out, the DX light isn't as well made as the Fenix. There are scratches and marks underneath the anodizing, the clip is not properly aligned and the threads and o-ring could have been better designed.

So... output. Both lights actually have a very nice white tint. The DX light seems to have a less defined hotspot, which is god news since I was planning to use it as a bike light ;) My Fenix has the OP reflector, but it still seems to have greater throw. The DX actually has a very similar texture to its reflector, so I'm not sure why there even is a difference. Both reflectors look strikingly similar...
Comparing the lights against a white wall, the Fenix on medium seems to be a tad darker than the DX light (which has just one mode). On high however, it makes the DX light look as powerful as a maglite solitare :twothumbs

So... being a flashaholic newbie... what's the conclusion?

IT MAKES SENSE GETTING BOTH! :twothumbs
I got a light good enough to use on my bike, and I feel better about spending $60 on the P1D :grin2: