PM6, E2E, Scorpion Pics

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Here is my quick and unscientific test of the Pelican M6, Surefire E2E and Streamlight Scorpion

Test was performed using brand new Duracell batteries in all lights. The M6 and Scorpion were turned down to their tighest focus. Most shots were taken about 15" from a cinder block wall. The lights were turned on and left on for the entire session. Run time approx. 14 minutes to last photo. You make your own determinations but some of the pics are misleading. The E2E is not in the same league for power. The scorpion is close to the M6 for hotspot but the the corona of the M6 throws stronger light. The jagged edges on the Scorpion is from my shoddy job replacing the lens with a mineral crystal, I got glue everywhere.

My impressions of the M6 are similar to others except I must point out it doesn't have the rings in tight focus. The Surfire doesn't have rings or any adjustable focus, so what's the difference? . It doesn't have as nice a body or the fit and finish of the Surefire but it feels very solid. The tailcap activation position is way too close to the end of the threads as pointed out by others. My bezel is very tight and holds well. The batteries are cheapies not the good quality Surefire's. The pouch is pretty nice expecially when the Surefire doesn't come with one at all. As an EDC at my desk job I will probably stick with the E2E for size, weight, a larger light area and I usually don't need the power the M6 provides at work. For EDC on the weekends and outdoors the M6 is the clear winner. If I could only own one of these lights and only using my initial impressions I would pick the M6 even when I throw out the huge cost difference. I place a higher value on performance than fit and finish. Durability remains to be seen.

Pictures are shown in the order they were taken
FlashlightM6Test1.JPG

The contestants

FlashlightM6Test2.JPG

M6-Scorpion-E2E

FlashlightM6Test3.JPG

M6-Scorpion-E2E

FlashlightM6Test4.JPG

M6-Scorpion-E2E

FlashlightM6Test5.JPG

M6-Scorpion-E2E

FlashlightM6Test6.JPG

M6-E2E-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test7.JPG

M6-E2E-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test8.JPG

M6-E2E-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test9.JPG

M6-E2E-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test10.JPG

M6

FlashlightM6Test11.JPG

E2E

FlashlightM6Test12.JPG

Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test13.JPG

M6-E2E-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test14.JPG

M6-Scorpion

FlashlightM6Test15.JPG

M6-E2E

FlashlightM6Test16.JPG

E2E

FlashlightM6Test17.JPG

M6 (Look Maw no rings in tight focus and my focus is adjustable unlike the SF!)

FlashlightM6Test18.JPG

Scorpion (Barney Rubble lens replacement)

FlashlightM6Test19.JPG

M6-Scorpion-E2E
after 14 minutes

Stumpy

Newly Enlightened
Really good job Dave.Thanks for putting it in terms that a light virgin like me can understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Performance_Plus

Newly Enlightened
Hi out there in flashlight land!! I am new to all this and having a great time!! The new Pelican M6 will a ARC head or a KL1 head fit it???? Or does Pelican have a Led head or one of the talented CPF member???? Thanks Don

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
dpr,
I don't think we will see an LED anytime soon from Pelican for the PM6, it was just released last week. I also don't think the KL1 or ARC head will come close to fitting. From what I am reading I bet we see an LED mod from one of our crazy CPF'ers in the not too distant future. It appears the light is set up well for a mod.

Performance_Plus

Newly Enlightened
Dave, nice job on the test, thanks for the imput on the led PM6 chance. I think some one will make a LED mod!!!! Also Diesels rule!!!!!!!!!! I have a dodge cummins, and partners on a turbo commander 690. Thanks

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, Dave. I still believe that this would be a nice little light for those not able to afford a SF or at least its a taste that would lead to the harder stuff. I get mine monday and can compare to my C2 and G2 for me-self.

Thanks again,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the (tungsten filament) light!" -Dylan Thomas