Streamlight 4aa Pro Polymer LED assembly broke?

Rogue1987

Newly Enlightened
Howdy all. I have a Streamlight ProPolymer 4aa LED that I use every day at work. Friday I got to work and went to use it and it seemed dimer than usual, I went back mto the shop and took it apart and all the reflective coating was gone off of the led assembly. Not a clue where it went, as it was not inside the light, just gone! Theres still some left on the sides of the led assembly but not much, and it has ruined the light for me. First off does anyone know what might have caused this? More importantly do you think this would be covered under warranty? I know streamlights are covered under a lifetime warranty, but no idea if this would be covered or what. I've had this light about two years and I would hate to see it go (I would just go out and buy another one if I have to though)

Thanks!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know why it wouldn't be. The bezel split down the side on mine and they replaced it no questions asked. I sent them an email and a few days later they gave me instuctions. Their CS was better than another well known company I can think of off the top of my head.

Rogue1987

Newly Enlightened
Cool. That was just what I was looking for. I guess its time to go send them an email.

maxilux

Enlightened
I have much of the PP4AA Luxeon in my hands, but never a problem with this, the only problem somtimes i have was the switch, but you can repair it self for most times.

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
After reading this thread, I went and tested one of my 4AA (7 LED) lights and noticed that one of the LEDs is "burnt out." Does anyone know if this is something that would "earn" me a replacement module from SL?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rogor, yes they will replace the module.

The same thing happened to me. I E-Mailed them about it, and they sent me another module without even requiring me to send the old one in.

BTW, the new module was loads brighter than the old. Don't know whether the old one degraded a lot (gradually), or the new one just had better LED's.

There were several versions of the 4AA7LED, the early ones were overdriven like all hell.

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Rogor, yes they will replace the module.

The same thing happened to me. I E-Mailed them about it, and they sent me another module without even requiring me to send the old one in.

BTW, the new module was loads brighter than the old. Don't know whether the old one degraded a lot (gradually), or the new one just had better LED's.

There were several versions of the 4AA7LED, the early ones were overdriven like all hell.

Thanks for that info! BTW, do you know if the new ones are regulated somehow? Specifically, are the new modules "AA Lithium safe" ???