Black deposit on halogen bulb

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I assume it's 1 step in the Halogen cycle not quite complete?!

The 'wheat' bulbs of MiniMags I've had in the past turned black shortly before their ultimate demise.

Recently I noticed it on the TL's bulb, after around 20 hours use. Should this be something of a worry?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this will happen be it halogen bulb or not, even if it's a halogen bulb, I wonder if it's possible for it to clean up the black deposit each and everytime cleanly. Someone from Tiger light claims that they have already run their TL for 200 hours. Maybe it's because you run your batteries down each and every time?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I only ran it down the first 4-5 times to condition the NiMH cells. Since then, I've been careful not to let drain completely before recharge or switch it on after a fresh charge.

Anyway, this is the 'reject' lamp and I hope the new ones ship soon. Meanwhile, the torture test continues...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Onyx,

I checked all 3 of my bulbs and there is no black anything on them.

My textured reflector bulb only has a couple of hours on it, but the other two have around 8 hours and 3 hours on them.

Has TigerLight given you any idea when you might expect the Generation 3 bulb?

Tom

Illuminated

Enlightened
Eric replied via email earlier this week regarding my warranty replacement - 6 weeks.

Thanks to Chris, I can wait, no problem. I'd like to think that when Tiger Light gets their new lamp manufacturer up to speed - they'll be right. I'm sure TL knows their product's reputation relies on the performance of the LA.

John