What can I get with 2 C or even D cells?

back40

Newly Enlightened
I need more light!

I currently have 2 of the Lowes TF 60x lights. I want even more throw and brightness!

I can live with 2 C or even 2 D cells NiMH as a power plant, and I need a minimum of 60 minute run times.

What are my options? I want to stay away from Li-Ion at this time.

Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Modifications? More specifically, a Maglite 2C or 2D Seoul P4 mod.

There aren't many 2 C or D Cell lights with the newer LEDs.

Li-ion are actually pretty safe. If you use protected batteries, the chances of over charging(over 4.2v) and over discharging(under 2.7v) is much much lower. The main thing you have to watch out for is a damaged unprotected battery. You can over discharge a Li-ion battery with no problem, just don't charge that cell and you would be fine.

sims2k

Enlightened
Actually the TF2C or the Advance Auto Parts 2C modded with the Q5 from Dealextreme would be even better thrower as well as brighter.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
you may want to check out elektrolumens' latest offerings. He likes to offer something in that kind of battery form factor.

for example, he keeps a modded angelux in production (if you like the molle 90-deg angled design, that is) which I believe has a 2xD formfactor and uses a CREE XRE LED. It apparently remains popular.

rtt

Enlightened
I need more light!

I currently have 2 of the Lowes TF 60x lights. I want even more throw and brightness!

I can live with 2 C or even 2 D cells NiMH as a power plant, and I need a minimum of 60 minute run times.

What are my options? I want to stay away from Li-Ion at this time.

Thanks!

Here's a link for Elektrolumens. Check out the "Ohio" you can get in one or two c cell format. http://www.elektrolumens.com/Blaster-1C-2C-3C/Ohio-1C.html

streamlighter

Newly Enlightened
What about using 3 C cells NIMH with the Streamlight Propoly 3 C and getting a lot of full throw for about 6 or 7 hours and after that having lower light for several more hours?

SL