myPower All MP3300- as external power supply for torch/bike light

Dangerboy

Newly Enlightened
Longshot:
Does anyone have a Tekkeon myPower All MP3300 (or similar)? Link here: http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=137785

I picked up a couple last year for about £35 each with the intention of using them to power some homebrew bike lights (or modded torches), but hadn't gotten around to using them until recently.

You can select the output of the unit (up to 14V). I thought this would be ideal- I could use the same power supply to power anything from an Romisen F4 (7.5V is near enough to the output to of 2xCR123s) to a 3 cree WF-500 head unit.

Anyway, long story short- the supplied output cable has interchangeable tips. To get power to my driver board I would have had to connect the unit to the power cable, to the connector, to another cable, and then to the driver board. I thought it would make more sense to connect the supplied output cable directly to the driver board, so I cut off the adapter end.

Mistake!
Turns out there are three wires that run the length of the output cable, so now when I plug in the cable none of the leds on the battery unit light up.

Any thoughts on why it's not working, what I've done wrong and any possible solutions would be much appreciated.