Need to donate some AA batteries

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the deal, I have several hundred cells I don't need. They are AA Eveready 1.5V "Super Heavy Duty" and about 2 years out of date, but all measure 1.55V.

I got them under the assumption they were alkalines but they aren't. They only work well in low drain devices of course.

Anyway, suggestions where to take them - toys for tots program maybe? (Maybe some toys need AA cells)

Any other ideas? I think they could make a good X-mas gift. Not as good as alkalines but better than nothing. Needy families?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
contact local non-profit organizations and see if they have intrest in them. what kind of batteries are they?

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you know of a charity that is making a point of giving toys for Christmas, they would love to get a big load of quality batteries.

Many of the donated items will be battery-operated, and many will come without batteries, or with rubbish cells or flat cells, as you know.

SHD (zinc-chloride) cells are good in radios, clocks, TV remotes, and nearly anything used intermittently.

It's just that modern LED flashlights have upped the AA cell ante from 270mA to well over 1A. It's not the fault of the batteries, it's just that our hobby has moved on.

But they still do the job they always have done well in the service they were designed for.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
lctorana,

At work there is a toys-for-tots bin that's almost full with various toys. I wonder if I should put some of these Zinc-Chloride (i.e. AA Eveready Super heavy duty) cells in it.
I just want to make sure they really need them.

These "super heavy duty" cells are indeed good for their purposes like remote controls and low drainage devices.