Two Lights I Would (Almost Certainly) Buy

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Yes, it's another "Gee, I wish..." thread :)

Two lights I would (almost certainly) buy if somebody made them:

1. Nuwai TM-301X-3 with updated emitter

Take the Nuwai TM-301X-3, update the emitter to a CREE, SSC or Rebel, turn the "low" current down to make the "low" the same light output, make the finish HA III, add some anti-roll flats to the bezel, and perhaps the tail-cap. Maybe beef-up the clip. Change nothing else! This light has excellent ergonomics (the body diameter, the aggressive knurling, etc.) and an excellent balance between throw and flood, IMO.

2. VB-16 as made by Waion

I wish one of the established manufacturers, with distribution by a state-side reseller, would reverse-engineer the VB-16 and make it a regular product. All it needs, that Waion didn't do (other than make it a regular product), is some anti-roll flats on the bezel, and perhaps the tail-cap. I don't know from personal experience, but, from what I've read, I wouldn't change anything else.

Another I'd strongly consider:

3. UltrFire C3 CREE with "low"

What a terrific light this is. Especially for the price. Double-up on the O-rings and make it a two-stage reverse clicky, and it would be, IMO, a nearly perfect AAA light. I own a single-stage C3. I wouldn't change anything else.

Then again: The LumaPower LM31 looks like it's got this covered.

I'm still waiting for the (nearly) perfect, and "affordable," upgrade for my (older) 2D Mag and my 3D Mag. Not sure what it would take to get something like this on my "(almost certainly) buy" list.

Btw: The reason for the "(almost certainly)" is financial, rather than any other(s). This naturally implies price point is a consideration.

Jim