Photon ReX to Start Shipping on Friday

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Hot damn.

Just a brief update regarding your Photon ReX pre-order. After numerous repeated delays, we will finally be receiving the first of LRI's new ReX Li-Ion rechargeable micro-lights this Friday, and will begin shipping pre-orders. As mentioned before, initial quantities are still likely to be very limited. We will be filling all ReX pre-orders in the order in which they were received, and should be able to fill about 1/3 of our existing orders with this first shipment. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your pre-order, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 877-584-6898, or you may reach us by email at [email protected].

Regards,
Bryan Avery
PhotonLight.com

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yowza!!!! That is great news! I believe I placed my order the day or two after they were posted for pre-sale so I should be good to go.

Thanks for the update. I was going to check my email after browsing CPF. Now I just need to look to confirm.

83Venture

Enlightened
I look foward to your impressions of the light, hope it lives up to expectations. If the reviews are good I will probabily order one in Jan.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully the light will show up at Batteryjunction soon. I'm hoping this light will be good at sucking any remaining life out of used batteries.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES! - I just received a shipping confirmation for my order.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look foward to your impressions of the light, hope it lives up to expectations. If the reviews are good I will probabily order one in Jan.
+1 jan for me too,I have been following these since they were announced,I hope they live up to the specs :popcorn: I need a replacement for my worn out photon freedom.

Last edited:

PhotonLight

Newly Enlightened
For those trying to get some idea of where they stand in the pre-order queue, we have been able to fill all orders placed before Sept. 12th with this first bunch of lights.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brief review looks good so far. I wonder how the heck he got his so fast!?! Maybe my two will show up tomorrow if I am lucky.

If some are interested in a solar charging option and cannot wait for the official one to be released (which I intend to buy along with the USB charger), take a look at www.siliconsolar.com for several small panel options. You can use one of the smaller models 6 volts or below. The larger panels will give more current and charge faster in low light. Take your pick.

I am very curious as to which cell is being used in the ReX. I think there are two possibilities - a 2450 or 2477. I hope the larger capacity cell is used. If the ReX can be opened easily then these batteries can easily be replaced dirt cheap at www.powerstream.com

If the light turns out to be good I intened to buy several more to give as gifts and also to have several on hand. PS: I noticed that one of the CPF dealers has them listed for an extemely attractive price (although not in stock yet).

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I got to thinking. The ReX has the potential to be the best survival type light available. This, due to its ability to charge itself via virtually any type or style of battery. No more do you need to worry about having the exact type of battery to recharge your light.

In a survival situation, just grab whater loose battery you have to charge your ReX.

N162E

Enlightened
Got mine today. Very cool, very bright and a little smaller than I imagined. Already resident on my keyring. Seems to work exactly as specified. Gonna try a runtime. I'll be back when it goes out.:thumbsup: