Tint on SF A2 vs Rebel 100 question

boonsht

Newly Enlightened
Seems like the search function is down.

I've tried to read all the posts about the Surefire A2 and I feel like I'm just about to order one. But before I do, I was just wondering how the incandescent compares to a light with a Rebel 100 bulb (since it's supposed to be on the warmer side).

Anyone have experiences they can share? Or pics?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The color rendition on the A2 is still going to be better. The rebel may have a nicer color temperature than other LEDs, but the A2 is still putting out a full spectrum and it's color temperature will stay regulated.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I just so happen to have both an A2 and a RB80 Fenix L1T 2.0 on me, comparing the Fenix to my Seouled E1L, the Rebel is a little purplish, the Seoul is slightly greenish, the edges of the corona on the Rebel seem slightly warmer than the seoul

then again, given the tint discrepancies from emitter to emitter, comparing tints is rather futile

comparing the Rebel to the A2 incan, OTOH, the Rebel has a cold blue tint, and the A2 a warm faintly yellowish tint

compared against other LEDs, the rebel is warmer, compared against an incandescent, it's cold and blue