WE Eagle 2 has landed, bi-pin installed

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its done, the transformation is complete. The Eagle has landed......or something like that. Got stuck into the spare lamp assembly, found out that the inside is quite hollow, anyway,.......broke the glass off, dug around inside with a small screwdriver shook the bits out, using the same screwdriver pushed out the bottom lid with the spring attached. Drilled out the hole to about 7.5 mm, found a couple of washers to go inside the holder to make sure that the height of the filament would end up the same as the original. Put electrical tape around the bi-pin holder until it was a good firm fit inside the lamp housing. Put the thing together and screwed it inside the light. Because I have lost the spring in this conversion it is important that the length of the body tube relative to the two batteries is quite accurate to make the light work, I ended up using one and a half of my original keyring between the body and the extender just to get the right depth for the batteries......The main thing is that the light works as it should, even with the LED tailcap and the focus ability is the same as on the original.....here are some photos.

The outcome is a WE Eagle 2 with 168 extender, LED tailcap, 2x AW 18650 cells, WA1111 lamp......and I can't wait to try it out tonight.....

This is a fiddly job and I would not recommend this to anyone unless you are patient and quite keen to have this kind of light......

See my sig line for added beam shots, including this conversion.....

Last edited: