****s Sporting Goods blowing out M*g Drop-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
Don't know if anyone's posted this yet...i searched but didn't see anyone....but...

Just got back from ****s S.G. this evening in Wilmington, DE, and they had the Mag drop-in bulbs on closeout. I know they're not the greatest, heat-issues....tint...yadda yadda, but I have a few around the house, plus in relative's cars. Check this out:

$9.79 for 3-cell Drop-in (had a bunch left)
$12.79 for 2-cell Drop-in
$10.99 (IIRC) for 4-cell Drop-in, but they were out of them.

Even if they come out with a SSC/Cree drop-in next year....This is still a great price for a stocking stuffer (or gift to that relative you don't like to spend much on).

All my relatives have 2 or 3 d-cellers in their cars. It's a nice upgrade for cheap for someone that's only gonna use it a couple of times a year looking for dropped keys or crack nuggets.

V_P

awberke

Newly Enlightened
You know it has been getting more difficult to find my dropped crack rocks.

Cydonia

Enlightened
That's cheap. The 3 cell one is the brightest of them all, by about 10%. The 2 cell MagLED is 25% dimmer than the 3 cell. And the 4 cell is about 10% dimmer. It lists this curious fact over at flashlightreviews.com.
Swapping out the Luxeon III LED for an SSC P4 is actually not that hard... and only costs $5. MagLED's are kinda cool - pardon the pun - because they at least save themselves from overheating. An upgraded MagLED is IMHO the best Mag drop in - cheap, easily removable and stored in the tail cap, and swapped with a dim super long run drop in :D

1011Tristar

Newly Enlightened
Buffalo, NY & Franklin, MA (Boston 'burb)
What brand are these LED drop ins? What brand(s) are the best (currently available)? How much better are the better ones? I'm asking, because I purchased a drop in for my 4-C M@g (I don't recall the brand, but I think I got it at Target - not sure, though), and although it has a very long run time, its output is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.