Heard RUMOR of L3 coming out?

Spence

Enlightened
I place no faith nor stock in rumors at all, but I heard this one about a new SF L3, and I'm just putting it out there as I heard it. The RUMOR is; new L3 model, 3 X SF123, CREE LED with 1.47 bezel, 120 lumens, about 1.5 hour run time, and no price yet. I tried to confirm it with my source at SureFire, without any luck. If it were true, I'd like to be first in line for one, whatever the price. However, I've been hearing rumors about the new L5 for a long time, AND IT'S IN THE CATALOG, and I haven't seen one yet! So, I'm not planning or anticipating an L3 CREE until I can hold one in my hand and lay the plastic down! Has anyone else heard about this and from where?
:confused:
sigh.gif
rant.gif
thinking.gif

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
... 3 X SF123, CREE LED with 1.47 bezel, 120 lumens, about 1.5 hour run time
:confused:
sigh.gif
rant.gif
thinking.gif

:faint: Can't be true, those specs are abysmal. I have a 1xAA light that can do 120 lumens (out the front) for 1.5 hours.
I'm betting we won't see an updated L2, L4, L5, U2 for a few months. Wouldn't make sense to put a whole new model out like that. I can't remember what happened to the L3 designation, but I'm sure Size15s can shed some insight into why there wasn't one.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've seen prototypes of the L5, they've just delayed production for some reason. I have to agree with PhantomPhoton; it wouldn't make sense for them to be developing a totally new light while they should be updating their excellent current lights.

Paladin

Enlightened
secret spy photo's of L3!!!

j/k.

Paladin
Captured_2006-12-27_00003.jpg

Obviously a Z2 with KL3-BK bezel, and L5 with KL3-HA bezel.:thumbsup:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Oh ain't it fun to guess and muse about what SureFire might do in 2008! :popcorn:

Even when they do show-off their ideas at the SHOT Show we've seen in the past how they've changed their minds part the way through the year and released products they didn't show at SHOT Show instead.

Also, just because a new idea has been shown doesn't give any reliable timescale on when Dealers will have products people can actually buy and have shipped. One assumes in the same year as the show but as we're seen this also may not be the case.

Al :thinking: