Cree AA C8?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's not the best for the money, many have reported problems.

If you can, I would recommend canceling the order and changing it to another light.

What is your budget and what are you looking for?

bessiebenny

Enlightened
It sounds OK. Nothing special. It's about as bright as a single mode Ultrafire C3 apparently.

Any reason why you chose this light? Do you need the Low/Strobe/SOS modes etc?
We need to know what you want in a light or we can't really say it is what you are looking for.

If you want 2 modes, this is another light which sounds okay.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1535
It has just two modes (probly resistor) and uses Q2 bin Cree LED.
Well, I'll add it to my review once I receive it. (Ordered 2 weeks ago)

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of these lights, and with a little work on them they are really good lights.
It sounds OK. Nothing special. It's about as bright as a single mode Ultrafire C3 apparently.

Any reason why you chose this light? Do you need the Low/Strobe/SOS modes etc?
We need to know what you want in a light or we can't really say it is what you are looking for.

If you want 2 modes, this is another light which sounds okay.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1535
It has just two modes (probly resistor) and uses Q2 bin Cree LED.
Well, I'll add it to my review once I receive it. (Ordered 2 weeks ago)

Joshatdot

Enlightened
I recently got SKU 5346 .. Awesome little light! built like a tank, very bright & white color light. I looked for weeks for a nice 1xAA from DX, and I love this one.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Saik RC-A3 are built solid, bright with a clean beam and 1 hour runtime, but the XJC-B6 is built almost the same with 2 hours runtime. The Saik does have a cleaner beam and is just a little brighter.
I have to admit I own 2 of each and I have no problems with either light. I just like the longer runtime of the XJC-B6 and the 2 stage low/high tailcap..
I recently got SKU 5346 .. Awesome little light! built like a tank, very bright & white color light. I looked for weeks for a nice 1xAA from DX, and I love this one.

Last edited:

evans1010

Newly Enlightened
I basically just wanted an off duty light that I could put in my pocket. The C8 was one of just a few that had a belt clip. I like the strobe mode, but it is not completely necessary. I really like the AA operation, mainly because I have alot of rechargeable s laying around the house. Although the light does not work with these. My budget is around 30 bucks for now. Please pardon my ignorance on the topic, and thanks for the advice.
Nick

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I see, you like the clip on the light.

The C8 if working correctly seems to be a great light but I have read reports of bad switches and even some melting from bad assembly. If it doesn't work, ask for a replacement.

Would a hoister work too?

Last edited:

evans1010

Newly Enlightened
I really prefer the clip, I like to keep as much off my belt as possible. I have enough on there at work.
Thanks
Nick