Will These Work in a 6P?

nobody

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with (1) AW17670 li-ion rechargeable + a LF HO-4 lamp assembly for about the same ball park of capital outlay.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF BashK.
You are not the first to ask about using a rechargeable cell for their Surefire (or similar) light.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as buying something that claims to be "3.0V rechargeable" and dropping it in your light.

If those cells you linked to are truly only 350mAH, then they can not be used to power up the lamp of the 6P safely. Unless they are LiFeP04 chemistry cells (which there is NO information about those cells indicating anything about what chemistry they are). At 350mAH capacity, you can expect about 15 minutes runtime, and a very unsafe configuration that could lead to the cell venting with flame. Or the cell might have built in protection from over-current, which would cause it not to work in a 6P at all...

If you really want to switch to a rechargeable solution in the 6P, you'll need to do a little reading and learning so you get the right stuff.

click on the link in my signature (MDs li-ion incan guide/compatibility chart) and start reading, if you have any questions toss em in this thread I'll try to give you a hand.

bashk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks MDOCOD @ Everyone Else

A wealth of knowledge and kindness.

You're a great bunch.

I'll read up on the link that you gave me.

Thanks,

Bash