Here's exactly what I'm looking for -- Who makes it?

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
I want to upgrade my ARC AAA (old one - carried it for many years) to something brighter but still handy to EDC. The Fenix L1D-CE (one AA) looks perfect --- except for one thing, I think the 2 different modes with 5 or 6 different brightness/SOS/strobe levels will be too "Gimmicky" for me and will be an irritant to me. Two different levels of brightness (or maybe 3) would be great. So the question is -- Does someone make a light of the size and quality and relative brightness of the L1D-CE that has fewer options? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Marduke

Flashaholic
The L1D operate as a 2-mode light if you never cycle through them. Click on, keep the head loose for low, tighten for turbo. The other modes are there, but you never have to see them if you don't want to.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Liteflux LF2 seems to be something that might suit you. It is a 1 AAA twistie. Just program the two output levels(Or use the preprogrammed levels).

cv3po

Banned
I want to upgrade my ARC AAA (old one - carried it for many years) to something brighter but still handy to EDC. The Fenix L1D-CE (one AA) looks perfect --- except for one thing, I think the 2 different modes with 5 or 6 different brightness/SOS/strobe levels will be too "Gimmicky" for me and will be an irritant to me. Two different levels of brightness (or maybe 3) would be great. So the question is -- Does someone make a light of the size and quality and relative brightness of the L1D-CE that has fewer options? Thanks in advance for any help!!

I think if you could use one for a day you'd find otherwise. The layout of the UI........med, low, high, strobe, sos.........puts the least used settings at the end of the line. I use mine on medium most of the time and low for the rest. Rarely do I need high but when I do it isn't hard to find. YMMV but I'd get one to try out anyway. They seem, from what I've read on the forums, to have a slightly better reputation for durability (from finicky UI's etc.) then some other high power aaa's out there although it's the only one I own so don't take it from me :naughty:

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
I would recommend the L1T. It is discontinued but has gotten good reviews from people.

It's the same form factor as the L1D but only as a high and low mode.

It can be found here, about the only place.
http://www.eliteled.com/products/flashlights/fenix-l1t-v2.html

By the way...Larry from Bend, would that be bend, oregon?

Thank you all for responding. I just ordered the L1D from eliteled per Awberke's suggestion -- it's exactly what I was looking for!! The "momentary on" by partially depressing the tailcap sealed the deal as I'm partial to this feature. Thanks for the link and suggestion, Awberke. Yup, I live just outside of Bend, Oregon. Are we neighbors?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Larry from Bend,
Welcome to the forums! Glad you found the light you were looking for. By the way, my best friend of 30+ years just relocated from Salinas, CA. to La Pine which is a hop and skip from Bend.

awberke

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for responding. I just ordered the L1D from eliteled per Awberke's suggestion -- it's exactly what I was looking for!! The "momentary on" by partially depressing the tailcap sealed the deal as I'm partial to this feature. Thanks for the link and suggestion, Awberke. Yup, I live just outside of Bend, Oregon. Are we neighbors?

We sure are i've been living just barely outside of Bend myself in tumalo for about 10 years.

paulr

Flashaholic

If you don't mind 1x123 power, lack of immediate availability, and a substantially higher price tag, you might like the new HDS Twisty which is not yet shipping. Three levels accessed by twisting the bezel further and further in one direction, like turning up the volume on a radio. There are two models with 3 white levels (low-med-hi) each, and a third model with a red led low level and white med-hi levels. I'm probably going to get the red-white-white one.

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
Hey Larry from Bend,
Welcome to the forums! Glad you found the light you were looking for. By the way, my best friend of 30+ years just relocated from Salinas, CA. to La Pine which is a hop and skip from Bend.

Gene - Your friend is 25 miles South of Bend in REAL snow country. LaPine is over 4000 feet and gets lots of white stuff. We have 2" today - I heard they have over a foot. Thanks for your response.

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
We sure are i've been living just barely outside of Bend myself in tumalo for about 10 years.

I live a little East of Bend - Been in this general area since transplanting from Montana in '73. Thanks again for your help. I really use my flashlights - lots of outdoor situations. Am looking forward to an EDC with more power.