Powerlight [PL-24 shrty] v [MAC 10watt HIDMag]?

kabkbak7321

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.

Just a short question here.

I have a HIDMAG BLACK DURACOATED from MAC Great light, perfect light. My question is I just perchased a AE POWERLIGHT PL-24 SHRTY and it is no brighter than this MACMag I have?
It fire ups ok but when looking at the wall at start up you normaly see the blue tint over take the pinkish tint.But that is not the case here there always seems to be a pink portion to the beam on a wall the trough is no more then on my 10watt maghid the spill is better but it does not put out what i feal it should.

Do you have any thoughts on wether this is the norm or do I have a bad Light here,and if so how could i determin if its the bolb or ballist.Both batts are putting out good voltage underload.I will put some output #'s here later tonight

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's hard to say because you can never really know what the other person is seeing without pics. Your AE24/S should appear at least twice the brightness of you Mac. I believe the Mac is 500-700 lumens and the AE24 is realistically rated at 1300 lumens. If that difference isn't easy to see, you may well have an issue with the light. I would sent it back to AE and let them determine what's the matter with it. I had to get a reflector replaced because of flaws and they sent me a brand new one and covered shipping. Did you purchase it new from a dealer?

Last edited: