Finally bit the Surefire bullet!

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
I have finally bought my first Surefire (I probably have over 30+ lights), an A2 with white leds (they are a little purplish, but no biggie). HAIII is perfect on the one I bought. I really like it...its not dark out yet, but going to take it outside in the backyard tonight. Fit and finish as expected...Surefire quality. I especially like the deep knurling, much easier to grip than many flashlights.
What pushed me over the edge...a sale at Sportsman's Warehouse that put the A2 at $97! I saw this yesterday and had to check out my local Arizona store...sure enough they had 3. They also had one U2, but I could not afford both ;) CPF style, so settled on the A2.
So, it finally happened, I joined the Surefire ranks...gladly I might add! Now I just "need" that new L1.....

gilly

Enlightened
The A2 is a nice light. How much was that U2? I'm at a point that I won't buy a xenon-bulb light anymore! But hey - that surefire is a good quality light and I'm sure it will serve you well for decades! I love my U2... Congrats!;)

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
the U2 was $139 and I was sorely tempted, but have heard such good things about the A2. One question for those who know...how long can I expect the runtime to be if I just use the 3 white LEDs? Thanks.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Good choice with the A2. I love mine and I think you will be impressed outside at night with it! It throws well and the led's are good for close-up. Now start saving for that L1.....:)

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Wade,
No the U2 was $139 or 1/2 of $279, and the A2 was $97 or about 1/2 of $195. I think the deal was similar in discount for either...and I debated for some time which one to get, but I am very happy with the A2.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Their prices on the discounted flashlights were great.

I had friends (on another forum) ask me to buy (and float the cost) of some A2's....which I did. Paypal's been trickling in now.

Between a few hours, I know they flushed out of the North Phoenix location a bunch of A2's, two Kromas, and finally the U2.

It's too bad I had Kromas already - that price was killer.

BigD64

Enlightened
Damn nice deal. Good looking out for your CPF buddies. Thanks for the Post.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
I have finally bought my first Surefire (I probably have over 30+ lights), an A2 with white leds (they are a little purplish, but no biggie). HAIII is perfect on the one I bought. I really like it...its not dark out yet, but going to take it outside in the backyard tonight. Fit and finish as expected...Surefire quality. I especially like the deep knurling, much easier to grip than many flashlights.
What pushed me over the edge...a sale at Sportsman's Warehouse that put the A2 at $97! I saw this yesterday and had to check out my local Arizona store...sure enough they had 3. They also had one U2, but I could not afford both ;) CPF style, so settled on the A2.
So, it finally happened, I joined the Surefire ranks...gladly I might add! Now I just "need" that new L1.....

Just a piece of advice: BUY A SF L1 CREE TOO! I just bought one, and I´m in love with it! Great light. :thumbsup:

djsportland

Newly Enlightened
I found these at the Sportsman's Warehouse here in Oregon also and picked up an extra A2 (I have one I payed full price for and it one of my favorite lights)

They also had a Kroma for $150 but the guy next to me snagged it before I could get it.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the deal here? is Sportman's Warehouse shtting down, going out of biz?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
No. According to the Gift Bar manager at the North Phoenix Sportsman's Warehouse, they are flushing out SureFires that aren't selling well.

For example, the A2 Aviators that I bought for others was their biggest sale of A2's in a while. They had some flashlights that have been there a while, including one Kroma (which is gone - some other guy bought out their two Kroma's) that had the original Military packaging in a brown box (like mine did when I snagged it nearly a year ago).

-Steve

What's the deal here? is Sportman's Warehouse shtting down, going out of biz?