For those who have a P3D Q5 and an E2L Cree

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, everyone please try to keep the "My brand is awesome and there's no way yours can live up to mine" comments to a minimum.

On several occasions I've been inches from picking up an E2L cree. The main appeal is the LOOOONG runtime. For whatever reason I never have bought one. Maybe it's because I already have a L1 Cree and they are similar lights, at least they have similar beam properties. Anyway, I picked up a P3D Q5 in place of the E2L because it has similar output/runtime in the second stage. Does anyone know how the beams/output compare between a P3D Q5 on level two and the E2L?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not had the P3dQ5, but I have had the R100 version and the e2lcree

Both are great lights. The Fenix has much more spill at low output levels, where the e2l has a bigger spot. Of course the Fenix can be turned on to 200 lumens and not just stay at 45.

If I could only have 1 light, I would pick the Fenix everyday. But the e2l is a nice tough light dependable light. Plus, it has a forward switch.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E2L, No P3D Q5.

E2L003Small.jpg

E2L004Small.jpg

E2L006Small.jpg

E2L010Small.jpg
]

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
I do not own either product, but I gifted the E2L to a family member in need of an alternative for a L2 for use as a tactical light.

The Surefire product fits in my lady cousin's hands quite well and she likes the output level and the beam.

The E2L has a large hotspot with very little spill. This annoys me since I prefer a more floody pattern.