Any comments on this light MTE C3-70101

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know anything about this light or have seen one in action. For $26.00 it looks like it might be a good buy. I am looking for a good bright single AA light that isn't going to send me in a deep depression if it was to get lost or stolen. Any comments would be great.

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10688

P.S. I wasn't able to find anything out about this light with a search so I really don't want to hear the common response from people telling me to do a search. If you know something about this light then please respond and if you don't then click the back button at the top of your browser and find another thread to read.

betalight

Newly Enlightened
Actually there is a thread on this light:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178256
You can get it with three different emitters: SSCP4 LED or CREE LED or Rebel LED.

Here is the MTE web page for it:
http://www.mteccd.com/c3.html

I have the Rebel version and I like it a lot. It has a very low low and for a single AA light it's pretty bright, about equal to the Photon Proton Pro. I will get another one, probably the cree version. Figuring out how to change modes was a bit of a challenge but the C3 thread has some tips.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you know something about this light then please respond and if you don't then click the back button at the top of your browser and find another thread to read.
I found this kind of hostile....:duck:
Its annoying when people just post, "use the search feature",i know, but if you couldnt find it, just say you tried. Betalight has kindly found it for you, thus you will notice we dont mind helping to find threads..:D

having said that, i have the simliar but 5 mode rebel version, the c2, its a good light, mte is good value for money, but my c2 hotspot is ugly!smooth reflector, but very bright for AA

Crenshaw

Last edited:

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
I found that thread earlier but that is a Luxeon rebel 20 mode light. I do not think it is the same light. Might be the same body but the one I am looking at is a Q5 5 mode. Can I assume the Q5 would be the brightest out of any of the version they offer?

If the one you have is the same body how is the quality of the construction.

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
I found this kind of hostile....:duck:
Its annoying when people just post, "use the search feature",i know, but if you couldnt find it, just say you tried. Betalight has kindly found it for you, thus you will notice we dont mind helping to find threads..:D

having said that, i have the simliar but 5 mode rebel version, the c2, its a good light, mte is good value for money, but my c2 hotspot is ugly!smooth reflector, but very bright for AA

Crenshaw

I know I sound a little short and I am sorry for that but I get tired of reading all these threads where a simple question is asked by a member of this forum and instead of a helpful response they get a idiot response like "Do a search and see what you find" or something along those lines. To me thats kinda like going to the doctor and asking why you have this pain in your chest and the doctor telling you to go to med school like he did and learn it for yourself. I have been a member of many different forums and not one time have I ever told anyone to just search for something if I had some info they could use.

Anyway thanks for your comments and would you think the Q5 version would be the brightest of the 3 types they offer.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I found that thread earlier but that is a Luxeon rebel 20 mode light. I do not think it is the same light. Might be the same body but the one I am looking at is a Q5 5 mode. Can I assume the Q5 would be the brightest out of any of the version they offer?

If the one you have is the same body how is the quality of the construction.

The above mentioned is the same light with different emitters. Same C3 base model, and the quality of the build can be inferred from those reviews. The Q5 will be slightly brighter, but the rest of the info is valid.

Edit:
Also, I know you don't want to hear it, but if you search for "mte" in titles only, you find a good bit of info on the C3 series by them.

Last edited:

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
The above mentioned is the same light with different emitters. Same C3 base model, and the quality of the build can be inferred from those reviews. The Q5 will be slightly brighter, but the rest of the info is valid.

Don't forget the driver would also have to be different since it is a 5 mode vs the 20 modes that they are talking about. Since the driver is what supplies the power to the emitter I am left wondering how it compares as far as brightness to the 20 mode versions with the different emitters. So far it looks as though no one has seen this light or even posted anything about it. Is there anyway to find out how long this light has been available. The only comment that is at the bottm of the link on dealextreme was posted today so it makes me think it has not been around long.

Edit:
Also, I know you don't want to hear it, but if you search for "mte" in titles only, you find a good bit of info on the C3 series by them.

I did that before I posted this thread and not one thread related to the MTE C3 Q5 5 mode light could be found. I found a few older threads on the MTE C3 but they are not what I have the link pointing too for this thread.

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10688

Last edited:

betalight

Newly Enlightened
Mine is the 20 mode and it says C3-70101 on the body, I know there is a 5-mode with the same name and exact same body. The body is nice, compact and well made with a GID switch which I like. I would assume the 5 mode is the same light with a different driver board. The Rebel version with the smooth reflector does not have a perfect "white wall hunter beam" if you care about that.

For a single AA light, it's a good value, but you should look at the Romisen
RC-G2.
Wander through this roundup which also includes the MTE 5 Mode (Rebel):
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176577

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think this is the light that DX just add to their website ( sku#10688)
for that price with a Q5 it's a good price but if you want it to be a "STRONG LIGHT" as the Nitecore described :crackup:you should replace the driver with a single mode and power it with 14500 protected Trustfire - https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1885 or if the Q5 is high in VF than get this one - https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1886
i surely hope this flashlight has forward clicky :thumbsup:

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
Ok well I just ordered this light so when I get it I will post back what I think of it with some kind of a review. All I will have to compare it to is a streamlight stinger or maybe the Ultrafire 606A if it ever shows up.

Thanks guys for your feedback on your MTE lights.