MTE C3 20-Mode Rebel (AA/0100-BIN)

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
Moon lander, I hope you right about the circuit! :D

Ergotelis and Olrac, I will be waiting your feedback...anxiously! :twothumbs

Bigsy

Enlightened
Beam shot looks bloody awful with a dead spot, and when you look at the reflector you see why, its pretty obviously not made for a rebel

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
Bigsy

Are you saying it based on the website picture or you got one of these lights ?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam shot looks bloody awful with a dead spot, and when you look at the reflector you see why, its pretty obviously not made for a rebel

The beamshot on DX site looks like it is taken from very short distance from a wall. Many lights have dead spot visible when they are just 10cm from a wall.

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
Exactly jirik_cz, my Fenix P1D-CE for instance does the same if pointed very close to the walls.

That beamshot on the DX website is really bad or I would say concerning becouse I noticed it only after I ordered the light.:(

Thx

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally received it today!
First, no documentation whasoever, cardboard white box, lanyard, and flashlight.

the machining is good, threads are good, and finish is excellent. The natural finish is more like olive drab than the Fenix natural very pleasing.

Tint is more like a Q5 than my P3D rebel. Very nice tint not green but not rosy either. Really bright output for a single AA.

Have not figured out how to jump around to the different modes, I have been finding them by accident but once I figure them out I think this will be a kick *** EDC light. In one of the mode there is a low low setting I am guessing around 4-5 lumens approx. which is nice. There seems to be way to many different strobe settings ( 3-4?) for my taste.

For a smooth reflector it is not ringy at all even on the white wall really no artifacts to speak of. On two of the medium modes there seems to be a slight high pitch whine.

Overall if I can figure out how the modes operate i will report back. My digital camera is on vaction with a family member or I would put up some beam shots, it holds its own with my Fenix P3D Rebel.

For 23 and change it is a good buy IMHO

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup: Nice review Olrac! I can't wait to get mine!

Mine left HK 10/28. I have no idea how long is gonna take to be delivered after that. :(

Do you know when yours left Hk ?
thank you

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: Nice review Olrac! I can't wait to get mine!

Mine left HK 10/28. I have no idea how long is gonna take to be delivered after that. :(

Do you know when yours left Hk ?
thank you

Mine left H.K. on 10/17 and arrived 10/27 (I missed the Postman and had to pick it up at Post Office today) So about 10 days in transit. Let us know if you get any documentation with yours. Good Luck

P.S. I think the slight whine is from the PWM circuitry stepping down to lower brightness settings
And one of the Strobe settings is actually very disorienting (at least to me and to my oldest daughter)

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally received it today!
First, no documentation whasoever, cardboard white box, lanyard, and flashlight.
Heh, I think most of the lights from DX arrive this way. You won't get any instructions for what you pay for. :)

the machining is good, threads are good, and finish is excellent. The natural finish is more like olive drab than the Fenix natural very pleasing.
I like the added knurling. Olive drab sounds interesting...hope you will be able to take some pictures of this.

Overall if I can figure out how the modes operate i will report back.
haha

Thanks for the impressions, olrac.

ergotelis

Enlightened
Got mine. I just love it. I liked the fact that it takes double o-rings in both threads, though one o-ring at the head was missing! I think that it is water resistant, will test it for that in 1m depth for some time(without circuits/led of course).
Rebel 0100 bin.
Modes are these one: sku 7880 , everyone knows i hope what i mean.
Beam has artifacts but it is ok,t is very bright for AA, brighter than jetbeam by far.
Excellent construction, I think it is HA-III also.
GITD taicup, will put some GTID o-rings also.
It has memory, after 3 sec about.
It makes a very low sound in low mode settings, just like Dereelight DBS.
I have also the MTE 0100 bin 5mode rebel and this one is much better by all means.Will test also efficiency.

For me, it is much better than C-LE V1.2 Jetbeam that i have, the only thing that Jetbeam might have is a more efficient board. But this one in all other aspects is better(construction/output/modes).

Generally, if you have 20 bucks go and get it! It is worth to be put in your collection.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the runtime on max?

Maybe I will buy sku. 7880 driver and mod my MTE Rebel 0100:)

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
Thank you ergotelis.

Based on your affirmation that the regulator used in this light is the same as the DX sku 7880, we can assume that the modes are:

- 1) Weak-Lo-Mid-Hi-Standby-10 second Beacon (Note:Group-shifting signal on Standby Mode)
- 2) Lo-Mid-Hi-Fast strobe-Warning strobe-SOS (Note:Group-shifting signal on Hi Mode)
- 3) Lo-Mid-Hi-Fast strobe-Warning strobe-3Hz Slow strobe-1Hz Slow strobe-SOS(Note:Group-shifting signal on Hi Mode)

Does it make sense for you folks? :confused:

Last edited:

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Thank you ergotelis.

Based your affirmation that the regulator used in this light is the same as the DX sku 7880, we can assume that the modes are:

- 1) Weak-Lo-Mid-Hi-Standby-10 second Beacon (Note:Group-shifting signal on Standby Mode)
- 2) Lo-Mid-Hi-Fast strobe-Warning strobe-SOS (Note:Group-shifting signal on Hi Mode)
- 3) Lo-Mid-Hi-Fast strobe-Warning strobe-3Hz Slow strobe-1Hz Slow strobe-SOS(Note:Group-shifting signal on Hi Mode)

Does it make sense for you folks? :confused:

Yes I would suspect that it's almost certainly exactly the same.

Latest posts