A limited edition DBS V2 w/R2 emitter has been released from Dereelight

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a good thing I lost my car keys this morning, continued lurking at CPF and caught this one :twothumbs

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on order. Will post details when I get one. This might be pocketable since it's a little shorter, and has the clip. We'll see. It looks really nice.

I'm assuming this will feature their new double AR coated lens. With the R2, this should allow the DBS to pull farther ahead of the Raidfire. I can't wait to check out the warmer tint R2, and see how it reads on my LUX meter compared to a DBS with Q5.

I ordered new coated lenses for my other Dereelights, and the DI pill. Can't wait to see how everything works and hopefully improves the performance of the Dereelights.

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I'm happy with my original DBS,so I may just get a pill upgrade :D
I totally agree, but it sure looks tempting. MUST RESIST..

I have one on order. Will post details when I get one.
Thanks WadeF. Can't wait to see your review.

I also like the anti roll ring but it doesn't look like it will fit the v1. I added some from my SF M3 that I had left over. Not really "Anti roll" but it makes it easier to hold.
dsc3036ta2.jpg

Last edited:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the R2 emitter is limited to 60 lights get it while you can !
Until the bin becomes commonplace, then you'll be able to get as many R2's as you want. ;)

Personally, I think they should pull a Tiablo and charge $33 extra for the R2 bin LED like Tiablo did going from a Q2 to a Q5 in the A8. :crackup:

Cowley

Newly Enlightened
I found this forum over the weekend and after reading the many posts decided that this is probably the light for me. This is a great forum.

Alan, just sent you payment for one of these, but had a problem sending the additional funds. Please see your email and get back to me.

Thanks

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Wow. That thing looks really nice.

Meh, too bad I just bought myself a new 'toy.'

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The R2's Dereelight got are a warmer tint. At some point R2 WC's should hopefully become more widely available, but I'm interested to try a warmer tint R2.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on order. Will post details when I get one. This might be pocketable since it's a little shorter, and has the clip. We'll see. It looks really nice.

I'm assuming this will feature their new double AR coated lens. With the R2, this should allow the DBS to pull farther ahead of the Raidfire. I can't wait to check out the warmer tint R2, and see how it reads on my LUX meter compared to a DBS with Q5.

I ordered new coated lenses for my other Dereelights, and the DI pill. Can't wait to see how everything works and hopefully improves the performance of the Dereelights.

Hi Wade, do you have the link for the new AR lenses?
I can't seem to find them on Dereelights page.

Thanks

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wade, Did you get the lenses from Dereelight?

Not yet. I have a bunch of misc things on order with Dereelight and Alan will be shipping it all with the new DBS V2.

Alan says the finish on the DBS V2 is as nice as the finish on the CL1H V3. Some negatives the DBS received were about the finish (some machine marks visible), and the size. The new DBS V2 should have a nicer finish, and it's shorter, and has the protruding tailcap. :) Didn't take Dereelight long to make adjustments and put out an improved product.

I like the addition of the clip as well. Now I can keep an OP reflector in my original DBS, and I'll make the DBS V2 my thrower with the smooth reflector. :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wade, do you have the link for the new AR lenses?
I can't seem to find them on Dereelights page.

Thanks

I have been talking with Alan about getting AR lenses made up, etc. So I arranged to order some for my existing lights via PM's. I'd PM Alan and see if he can quote you a price, etc.

I'm hoping to approach 30,000LUX on my meter with the new DBS, with AR lens, and R2 emitter. We'll see.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one yesterday also(DBS V2 3SD R2), I just didn't see the lenses on the site yet.